Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Music Direct has them I think M so i think there still made although there line changes.

and watch the used sites.
Yeah I checked the dealers, the VPI site doesn't even list it as a model. So I think it's likely discontinued. Used or bust... Or crazy high shipping... Too bad though, it's such a great looking table.

Yeah I checked the dealers, the VPI site doesn't even list it as a model. So I think it's likely discontinued. Used or bust... Or crazy high shipping... Too bad though, it's such a great looking table.
Looks like your right. I prefer the look of the classic to the Prime tbh.

I did find this...

First, the Classic will not be evaporating completely, it is going to be pulled from the standard VPI line and will not be getting marketing. Since the Prime the ratio of Primes to Classic has been mind blowing (in a good way). Also from a performance stand point the Prime does blow away the Classic. That being said, it will not go away completely in the since of having special limited runs (mainly isolated to the US, sorry overseas but it is tough on the distributors). Also there has been a partnership VPI has been getting involved with for some time now that is about to go public (anyone who has been by the shop or at an audio society meeting might have gotten a hint of this). This "Made in America" partnership just might be taking concepts of the classic and wrapping it up in the more appropriate high end life style market it belongs in
[IMG]
More news to come!
Mat Weisfeld

@BazookaTooth , if I could also add if you want a taste of Grado, the Prestige Black3 is $99usd and you can upgrade the stylus down the road to the 8mz. Smooth and forgiving.

interesting for sure. i thought about grabing the gold 2 with the 8mz ( i think ) thta Joe had up for sale a while ago.
The Goldring E3 is interesting because its a low risk pick at the 120€ its going to cost vs. the 300 of the Opus 3.

Looks like your right. I prefer the look of the classic to the Prime tbh.

I did find this...

First, the Classic will not be evaporating completely, it is going to be pulled from the standard VPI line and will not be getting marketing. Since the Prime the ratio of Primes to Classic has been mind blowing (in a good way). Also from a performance stand point the Prime does blow away the Classic. That being said, it will not go away completely in the since of having special limited runs (mainly isolated to the US, sorry overseas but it is tough on the distributors). Also there has been a partnership VPI has been getting involved with for some time now that is about to go public (anyone who has been by the shop or at an audio society meeting might have gotten a hint of this). This "Made in America" partnership just might be taking concepts of the classic and wrapping it up in the more appropriate high end life style market it belongs in
[IMG]
More news to come!
Mat Weisfeld
The Prime 21 and the Scout 21 are their best selling TT.

Alas, I do not get deals on VPI.
I do however love the top of the line Thorens. It looks like something the Soviets would have fired into space in 1966.
View attachment 126251
Definite soviet era vibes! I do prefer the high gloss walnut option though.

Also if you're looking at either of these then you really need to consider the Linn Sondek LP12 in either Majik or Akurate spec, the Vertere DG-1 or a Michell Gyrodec. Audition, audition, audition.

interesting for sure. i thought about grabing the gold 2 with the 8mz ( i think ) thta Joe had up for sale a while ago.
The Goldring E3 is interesting because its a low risk pick at the 120€ its going to cost vs. the 300 of the Opus 3.
What TT are you running, just out of curiosity.

Alas, I do not get deals on VPI.
I do however love the top of the line Thorens. It looks like something the Soviets would have fired into space in 1966.
View attachment 126251
At the +3K without hitting the stratosphere, these have always caught my eye..........

At the +3K without hitting the stratosphere, these have always caught my eye..........

In or around the €3-4k the technics 1200G and the Funk Firm LSD2 have always been hard to look past for me. I think I’d probably edge towards the funk for the difference factor and the fact that the walnut plinth with a white top is pretty stunning!

In or around the €3-4k the technics 1200G and the Funk Firm LSD2 have always been hard to look past for me. I think I’d probably edge towards the funk for the difference factor and the fact that the walnut plinth with a white top is pretty stunning!
At that price point the 1200G should always be on the list, it's a workhorse, that replaceable head shell is a big bonus. I think form and function hit a crossroad with the DJ style tables. If I had to choose one, I think I would be hard pressed to pass on a more "stylish" design over the head shell. The Funk Firm is a really nice, "simple", clean, eye catching design for sure ;)

Back