Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not getting rid of my records. I know I'll want them at some point in my life for sure.
Ring Audio are very very good. You might try giving them a call. They're old school so if it's a motherboard they may not have any answers for you. But it might be worth a call.

Ring Audio are very very good. You might try giving them a call. They're old school so if it's a motherboard they may not have any answers for you. But it might be worth a call.
Good to know. I had a very good experience at Tonality, too, which has the added benefit of being way closer to me. I'll call them up this week and see what they think.

Good to know. I had a very good experience at Tonality, too, which has the added benefit of being way closer to me. I'll call them up this week and see what they think.
you may try touching base with Project tech service as well if you haven't already. It may be something they have have seen before and if you ask nicely might even send you a board or repair kit n/c.

Have you kept good care of the bearing ? Clean and Oiled it once ot twice a year ?

If you had to spend $1000 on a casual turntable set up and the Pioneer PLX is the turntable of choice, what powered speakers would you pair with it?
I'd be putting the PLX in my main setup and shifting the RT85 to the casual setup. But I think you will need a phonostage in the casual setup too, or are there powered speakers with built-in phono preamps?

Last edited:
you may try touching base with Project tech service as well if you haven't already. It may be something they have have seen before and if you ask nicely might even send you a board or repair kit n/c.

Have you kept good care of the bearing ? Clean and Oiled it once ot twice a year ?
Yep, it had been oiled. Good suggestion about trying Project directly, thank you.

If you had to spend $1000 on a casual turntable set up and the Pioneer PLX is the turntable of choice, what powered speakers would you pair with it?
tbh, I would put it into your dream table/cart, this way you can experience what a top of the line mofi, vpi, Linn, etc can offer. Casual is a millennial word that can come when your retired. Unless you want to replace the Fluance with it ?

I'd be putting the PLX in my main setup and shifting the RT85 to the casual setup. But I think you will need a phonostage in the casual setup too, or are there powered speakers with built-in phono preamps?
tbh, I would put it into your dream table/cart, this way you can experience what a top of the line mofi, vpi, Linn, etc can offer. Casual is a millennial word that can come when your retired. Unless you want to replace the Fluance with it ?
Sorry I should’ve been more specific. I’m helping a friend build their system and if I had to rebuild mine I probably would’ve bypassed the Fluance for the Pioneer! So looking for a way to complete the system for him 😗

Audioengine HD6 for powered that do bluetooth; Acoustic Energy AE1 for active speakers; KEF LS50 meta.
What's the budget?

Sorry I should’ve been more specific. I’m helping a friend build their system and if I had to rebuild mine I probably would’ve bypassed the Fluance for the Pioneer! So looking for a way to complete the system for him 😗
10-4, I'm not a big fan of powered speakers and as others said you will still need a good phono stage. Can he squeeze in the Pioneer table, a little b stock nad integrated like yours ? For Bookshelves my choice is the are the RP-600's which should be on sale around 500.

Give him a deal on a lightly used Fluance ... ;)

There's a pair of Kanto powered speakers for sale here:
I know nothing about them, but they appear to have a built-in phono preamp and they are in Orange County

Hi y'all, equipment question. Would you guys suggest leaving my Rega Aria stage on all the time? I've read that that presentation of solid state stages are best when they've been on for a day or so. And mines never on for more than about 20 minutes before I start spinning normally.
Sutherlands don’t even have power switches FWIW.

I have the PLX-1000. I also have a pair of passive KEF LS50's. I'd recommend a pair of gently used KEF LS50 Wireless as the powered speaker of choice. I don't know this owner, but here is a possibility:

The black and blue color scheme matches the PLX-1000 well!

I have the PLX-1000. I also have a pair of passive KEF LS50's. I'd recommend a pair of gently used KEF LS50 Wireless as the powered speaker of choice. I don't know this owner, but here is a possibility:

The black and blue color scheme matches the PLX-1000 well!

They are $100 dollars more than the budget for the whole system for just the speakers…

ah, yeah, so we're looking at roughly $300 powered speakers. Audioengine HD3? Kanto YU4. The Klipsh ones are over budget.
My bad -- I misread, thinking it was $1000 over and above the PLX. Here's a different idea... the Adam T5V. Amazon is pricing these at $220 for each speaker. The T5V is a true active speaker, versus a powered speaker, so it requires an interconnect to each speaker as well as individual power cords. Still a bit over the budget, but likely a bit more punch than the Kanto.

Back