Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I usually would say it depends on the end user. I recently saw a Linton owner say that they “had” to add a sub to get acceptable bass performance. This is totally insane.

12s though, they are down 6 dB (substantially) at 65 hz (not tremendously deep), To get deep bass, you need two things; cabinet volume and the ability to displace a lot of air. You get neither with the Diamond’s small size and 4 inch “woofer”.

You can get some bass reinforcement by backing them up to a wall at the expense of stereo imaging. There is no free lunch.

If it has to be these, I’d plan on a sub as well.

Edit: These are plain weird. They are 85 dB sensitivity. This would lead one to believe that one needs a powerful amp to drive them. But then they are only rated to 60 watts with a maximum output of 95 dB. Headbangers need not apply. I wouldn’t buy these. Elac 6.2s would be a far better choice.
Out of the Elac 6.2 and the Klipsch RP-160M?

I'm gonna call an audible and defer the white to get a better speaker, for a lower price seems like.

Out of the Elac 6.2 and the Klipsch RP-160M?

I'm gonna call an audible and defer the white to get a better speaker, for a lower price seems like.
Elac all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Here’s a brand new Elac model in white:

The white front with the oak sides aren’t bad looking at all!
Makes me think of the Lambswool Forte IIIs I pine after.
iu

I dunno if the vibrapods or the audioquest evergreens really make a difference, both make sense because I was kinda buying the cables for aesthetic and for less bulk, and I don't really have any vibration in my room (no speakers, carpeted, all on a table)

Also I don't think the isilencer is doing anything for the sound digitally but whatever I'll keep it and see

Was thinking about upgrading my downstairs turntable with the Pioneer PXL-1000. Anyone have a good recommendation for a decent cart for this table in the $150 to $200 range. I'm not a DJ, so I won't be scratching. Just want a dependable table for my basement setup
Well, I am putting off the PLX-1000 turntable upgrade for the moment. I decided to upgrade the cartridge on my downstairs table for the time being though. It's a vintage Yamaha YP-B2 turntable from my father. It currently has a Shure M97xE cartridge on it. I decided to upgrade to the Audio Technica VM540ml with an AT-HS10BK headshell, which should arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to give the Denon DL-103R another bump in terms of how well it sounds, more specifically, with used albums. Over the last few days in efforts to burn in the Linton's I've just continued to play through my collection, 4-7 hours a day, just one album after the next, and enjoying the time completely. But man, with each album I'm truly surprised how well these older pressings sound at this point, it's not a little better, it's ears perk up and notice better.

Anyway, giving credit where credit is due, loving this cart a lot.

I'm going to give the Denon DL-103R another bump in terms of how well it sounds, more specifically, with used albums. Over the last few days in efforts to burn in the Linton's I've just continued to play through my collection, 4-7 hours a day, just one album after the next, and enjoying the time completely. But man, with each album I'm truly surprised how well these older pressings sound at this point, it's not a little better, it's ears perk up and notice better.

Anyway, giving credit where credit is due, loving this cart a lot.
Another thing about the 103/103R is that the stylus is easily visible so it’s very easy to align.

Back