Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

They do but that will significantly bring the price up won't it?
For the record I very much like my 2Xperience. I did not at all like the Ort Silver. I found it shrill and harsh. And I like accuracy and technicality, but this was not pleasant to my ears. I would ask about swapping the stylus to a blue or simply getting a different cart altogether. See how it changes the price.

For the record I very much like my 2Xperience. I did not at all like the Ort Silver. I found it shrill and harsh. And I like accuracy and technicality, but this was not pleasant to my ears. I would ask about swapping the stylus to a blue or simply getting a different cart altogether. See how it changes the price.
What stylus or cartridge do you currently use?

I have secured the funds 💰 for the purchase of a brand new turntable. 😃 I just may not have enough to buy the Project X2 which I was pretty set on. That being said, I'll probably get the X1 which is no slouch either and is superior to the Carbon Debut. As well, I'm exploring the possibility of upgrading to floorstanders from my bookshelf speakers 🔊 but shopping for a good pair of loudspeakers is proving to be daunting.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a mono/stereo switch? I have quite a few mono records now and want to listen to them in “mono” without having to do the whole Y cable trick. And I don’t want a mono cart since my TT doesn’t easily swap carts.

I know a guy on Hoffman forums makes some that are a simple switch but wasn’t sure if they are readily available elsewhere or if anybody has experience with them?

Does anybody have a recommendation for a mono/stereo switch? I have quite a few mono records now and want to listen to them in “mono” without having to do the whole Y cable trick. And I don’t want a mono cart since my TT doesn’t easily swap carts.

I know a guy on Hoffman forums makes some that are a simple switch but wasn’t sure if they are readily available elsewhere or if anybody has experience with them?

You can get a Graham Slee Phono with a mono switch as an added extra. May be a bit of an extreme option though

Best bet if you’re curious is to buy from the hoff bloke or look at the instructions on how to build one, they look simple if you have the skills. A simple switch like that is probably the best way to achieve it as it’s not involving any electronics to sum the signal. If you do it make sure to put it after the phono stage though!

Best bet if you’re curious is to buy from the hoff bloke or look at the instructions on how to build one, they look simple if you have the skills. A simple switch like that is probably the best way to achieve it as it’s not involving any electronics to sum the signal. If you do it make sure to put it after the phono stage though!
Yea I might give it a shot. He has a bunch of different designs of them and they aren’t too expensive. He even uploaded the schematics if people wanted to make their own but I don’t have a soldering iron so I probably wouldn’t save that much money after buying all the materials...

I'm looking for any kind of feedback on Monitor Audio loudspeakers 🔊 I'm considering the Bronze 200 floorstanding speakers in the dark walnut finish. They retail at $1249/pair. They are slim towers and look absolutely stunning 😍
monitor-audio-new-design.jpg

I'm looking for any kind of feedback on Monitor Audio loudspeakers 🔊 I'm considering the Bronze 200 floorstanding speakers in the dark walnut finish. They retail at $1249/pair. They are slim towers and look absolutely stunning 😍
View attachment 65375
I know they are gorgeous, and I'm fairly certain Monitor are pretty well respected but I don't know any more than that unfortunately...

This is another option I'm considering buy they're slightly more expensive at $1400/pair. The Dali Oberon 5 which has garnered lots of great reviews.
oberon-7-high-tower.jpg

You might be better looking at North American brands @Hollywood if you want better value for money. Those two European brands are significantly marked up in price in comparison to what we’d pay. The monitor audio ones are €700 here (CAD$1090) and the Dali’s €769 (CAD$1097). As @kvetcha says putting the savings to the x2 would be win win.

View attachment 65375
I'm convinced it was a matching issue but I tried the Monitor Golds when I replaced my speakers last and on my copy of Love Supreme (that I took everywhere for testing) they were shrill as shit. Like could have shattered mirrors shrill.

Look the bollocks though

You might be better looking at North American brands @Hollywood if you want better value for money. Those two European brands are significantly marked up in price in comparison to what we’d pay. The monitor audio ones are €700 here (CAD$1090) and the Dali’s €769 (CAD$1097). As @kvetcha says putting the savings to the x2 would be win win.
Any suggestions 🤔 I like Totem Acoustic (🇨🇦) myself but their towers are slightly priced over budget.

Any suggestions 🤔 I like Totem Acoustic (🇨🇦) myself but their towers are slightly priced over budget.

I’ll have to defer to the likes of @HiFi Guy @AnthonyI and @kvetcha because I tend to look more European because the North American tend to equally be comparatively over priced this side of the pond 😂. Those zu’s have a great reputation on this site if you get in early enough on the first to secure one of the sets put aside for the sale.

Back