Earthquake in NJ

M 4.0 - 7 km SW of Gladstone, New Jersey

4.0, that's pretty impressive for a aftershock in this region.

Usually they are like below 2.0 if you even get one.

The last earthquake I felt was back in like 2003 or so. It was a 5.1 that happened near the NY/Canada line that I felt in MA. Woke me up when my bedroom was shaking at 6:30 in the morning or so. I don't believe there were any after large enough to be felt.

Was working at a coworking space in SoHo when the whole building started rumbling and then the wall of mirrors I was working next to started rumbling and clattering, light fixtures were swinging, it was pretty exciting stuff.

My wife was back home in Greenpoint at the time and she said she felt the building sway left to right and every was shaking. We’re up on the 10th floor, she was not a fan being up that high for that one.

I was in a meeting and vaguely registered the house was shaking but didn't think about it too hard until someone mentioned it was an earthquake, then everyone on our team who lives near here was like "ohh, so that's what that was."

I remember the one from 2011 because I was waiting for my roommate to show up so we could get lunch and I thought I felt like the room was shaking because I was getting really hungry, then I got a text from the school saying we had to evacuate the building because they were concerned about safety (it was a 35 story building).

My boss and I were just talking about that earthquake yesterday and then this happens today. My dad didn't even notice it.

Back