Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Dammit …in 5+ years of collecting this will be my first time doing this it looks like 🤬
That's a pretty good ratio. It happened to me a couple years ago, I gave paypal the info they needed and received a full refund. If the seller can't even provide proof of delivery, or doesn't respond to paypal's inquiry, then you should be fine.

I like Cogs for my needs, but boy do I hate getting caught up in the most mundane conversations.............Billie's new release, is it peach or golden yellow? Who the f***k cares, it's not like you ordered golden yellow and got purple. I think my age and lack of patience with nonsense is running thin, lol.

.......goes outside to yell at kids on his lawn.

Last edited:
I like Cogs for my needs, but boy do I hate getting caught up in the most mundane conversations.............Billie's new release, is it peach or golden yellow? Who the f***k cares, it's not like you ordered golden yellow and got purple. I think my age and lack of patience with nonsense is running thin, lol.

the quest for perfect data never ends

91sn32Q.jpg

This means overseas buyers get hit for full value of goods sold?

I have to say all their recent announcements that start "we're very happy" and then detail how they're going to screw us needlessly has put me off Discogs quite a lot. I would have thought 2nd hand goods in most countries didn't attract any VAT in any case...

This means overseas buyers get hit for full value of goods sold?

Yeah, kinda like when someone from America buys something, their state's sales tax is automatically added on to the order. They are now doing it with EU/UK. So I guess if I buy something from US or EU now then it'll be the sale price + 20%.

Anyone else having trouble adding stuff into discogs today ... no option to add to collection even when logged in ok

for the past couple days when i've been looking on my phone there are sections (other versions, reviews, etc.) that just continually show a loading icon, and the 'add to' buttons are greyed out.

Cheers ..I can add stuff on the phone app, but I prefer the desktop via my iPad ..which it doesn’t seem to like anymore !

I usually use my PC most of all. I use the phone when I'm out - but even then I don't use the app, just the website in a browser. The changes to the mobile version haven't been good, but it's a little difficult to switch it to the desktop version as you have to do a lot of zooming in to click anything.

I usually use my PC most of all. I use the phone when I'm out - but even then I don't use the app, just the website in a browser. The changes to the mobile version haven't been good, but it's a little difficult to switch it to the desktop version as you have to do a lot of zooming in to click anything.
I usually use the desktop/web site and it's been jacked up the last few days as well. Sometimes a refresh help, usually not............getting annoying.

I've refused to bother with the app as I despise it completely based on what little interaction I've had with it on my wife's phone. I've used my laptop and my phone's internet browser both quite a bit in the past couple of years. I'm more partial to the desktop version for sure.

I've refused to bother with the app as I despise it completely based on what little interaction I've had with it on my wife's phone. I've used my laptop and my phone's internet browser both quite a bit in the past couple of years. I'm more partial to the desktop version for sure.
I prefer the main site to the app but the app is a good resource tool also thanks primarily to the barcode scanning feature. I can quickly add new releases to my collection. Also when I am out a store I can use it to quickly price check albums to make sure the price is fair and having my waitlist handy makes it easier to remember what I am looking for.

Does anybody here sell new inventory purchased directly from distributors? I've been thinking of dipping my toes in those waters but the cost of entry is pretty steep and margins are razor thin. I was hoping to get some feedback or pros and cons from somebody (or somebodies) that have made that leap.
might be of use: Wholesale Records Distributors

I have a few you can add to the list.

Traffic Entertainment - Traffic Entertainment Group | International Music Distribution - Excellent urban, punk, funk distributor for Air Vinyl, Get on Down, and Now Again (and many more)
MonoStereo - Monostereo – Wholesale Vinyl Record Distributor, Music One Stop, Vinyl Manufacturing – Family Owned & Operated Since 1974 - Decent distributor for most mainstream items. Mid tier pricing (lower than alliance). Great all around source. The dist. arm of Record Stop stores in NY and SC
Redeye - Redeye - great prices, indie selection. Wont have Billie Eilish but distributes for a ton of smaller labels and has mainstream titles as well. definitely a great source.

Back