Definitive Audiophile pressings

I received records with non fill and some other kind of defects on the AS Willie's Blues and Nice An Cool from the Plaid sale.

Plaid has no more copies (of course). Called AS and they are like tuff shit. Should have bought from us instead.

Plaid will refund me when I send them back but this is kind of stupid when I email videos of the shit records and AS does not even back their pressings.

FUCKCHAD.
I received records with non fill and some other kind of defects on the AS Willie's Blues and Nice An Cool from the Plaid sale.

Plaid has no more copies (of course). Called AS and they are like tuff shit. Should have bought from us instead.

Plaid will refund me when I send them back but this is kind of stupid when I email videos of the shit records and AS does not even back their pressings.

I also had an issue with Nice An Cool last week. Some kind of weird, almost electric sound (kind of scratchy or something hard to describe). But I can’t see anything physically wrong with it. The pressing looks pristine, so it’s odd to me.

I bought from The In Groove. They said to just request a replacement through link on their site and they’d send a replacement after they receive it from AS.

Very easy. Didn’t need to send photos or videos or anything, and they said to just keep the bad copy. TIG orders _a lot_ from AS, so I suspect the relationship between TIG and AS makes it easy for TIG to arrange this kind of thing, and I have a years-long order history with TIG (although not a ton of volume) with no complaints or issues and this was part of a larger order of some Sam Records releases, so maybe that factored into why it was so easy.

But now I’m concerned that there’s a bad pressing run with Nice A Cool, although the reviews suggest otherwise.

I also had an issue with Nice An Cool last week. Some kind of weird, almost electric sound (kind of scratchy or something hard to describe). But I can’t see anything physically wrong with it. The pressing looks pristine, so it’s odd to me.

I bought from The In Groove. They said to just request a replacement through link on their site and they’d send a replacement after they receive it from AS.

Very easy. Didn’t need to send photos or videos or anything, and they said to just keep the bad copy. TIG orders _a lot_ from AS, so I suspect the relationship between TIG and AS makes it easy for TIG to arrange this kind of thing, and I have a years-long order history with TIG (although not a ton of volume) with no complaints or issues and this was part of a larger order of some Sam Records releases, so maybe that factored into why it was so easy.

But now I’m concerned that there’s a bad pressing run with Nice A Cool, although the reviews suggest otherwise.
Yeah non-fill seems to affect batches or lots. But glad you are getting another copy. Good luck!

AS is a distributor/manufacturer. Universal won't do returns of store bought items directly either. Warners will not accept such returns either, nor will Sony.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any manufacturer who would accept consumer returns of store, dealer or distributor bought items directly. Always back to the point of sale, as that is the best placed to determine whether there is a defect and what the best resolution is.

AS is a distributor/manufacturer. Universal won't do returns of store bought items directly either. Warners will not accept such returns either, nor will Sony.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any manufacturer who would accept consumer returns of store, dealer or distributor bought items directly. Always back to the point of sale, as that is the best placed to determine whether there is a defect and what the best resolution is.
Universal trades on the NYSE.
AS trades in a corn field in Kansas.

Slightly different expectations for service.

On the Prestige AS series: has anyone recently bought a clean Dolphy “Far Cry” LP? I bought 2 copies months apart from music direct but both had obvious noise, most prominent during the first couple minutes of A2 even though there is no visible issue. Seems like a dirty stamper problem maybe?

On the Prestige AS series: has anyone recently bought a clean Dolphy “Far Cry” LP? I bought 2 copies months apart from music direct but both had obvious noise, most prominent during the first couple minutes of A2 even though there is no visible issue. Seems like a dirty stamper problem maybe?
I have recently and don't recall any issues. I'll spin it tomorrow to double check.

Regarding the Tim Replacements new mix from the box set as suspected…a breakout seems like a possibility.
View attachment 195653
Well, this more makes it seem like the CD portion will be broken out not necessarily the main disc regardless I have the deluxe set. It sounds amazing I don’t regret paying $62 for it but I hope those with stronger wills than I are eventually rewarded.

Well, this more makes it seem like the CD portion will be broken out not necessarily the main disc regardless I have the deluxe set. It sounds amazing I don’t regret paying $62 for it but I hope those with stronger wills than I are eventually rewarded.
The live show is broken out for RSD in April. This was in reference to lots of people on Hoffman asking if the new mix of the main disc would be broken out.

Lots of people seemed to think that since none of the other sets have gotten breakouts of the main discs that this one wouldn’t either. But none of the other sets have sold out.

The live show is broken out for RSD in April. This was in reference to lots of people on Hoffman asking if the new mix of the main disc would be broken out.

Lots of people seemed to think that since none of the other sets have gotten breakouts of the main discs that this one wouldn’t either. But none of the other sets have sold out.
Ah. Yeah I have the live set on my list for RSD this year.

My comparison potentially would be the Lou Reed New York box where they eventually broke out the main discs from the Boxset a year later as part of “Rocktober” series.

Back