Definitive Audiophile pressings

And the Classics was $20 cheaper?
I got the classics version from Amazon for $35 Canadian which is about $26US apparently. I think it sounds great. I’ve only compared it to the BN75 series release and I much prefer the classics. I thought the BN75 series was supposed to be mastered by BG but mine had the dreaded mastered by capital in the deadwax.

Do you guys know which version you had of Grace? There was one pressed at RTI - and one pressed at Record Industry.

I have the Record Industry and don't remember having issues with it, but it's been a while.

Record Industry

RTI

I agree. I figured you both would have said you had the RTI versions.

Just pulled mine out, surprised to see it's the RTI press but still has the noise problems mentioned earlier 👎🏼 I'll try to spin it soon, maybe it's not as bad as I remember?

Hey @TenderLovingKiller® you’re cars comparison wasn’t far off. I.e. the kpg remaster moves it more to that sound than you know protopunk/punk. It is very nice though.
That kinda scares me. Hopefully mine gets here eventually. Messed up that it takes longer to get a record from CA to WA than from CA to NC.

That kinda scares me. Hopefully mine gets here eventually. Messed up that it takes longer to get a record from CA to WA than from CA to NC.
It’s not bad by any means. And to be honest while the VMP Sabbath leaves me wanting, this does not. Everything else is so much bigger and better it
Makes up for it.

This may have been mentioned in another thread, but the upcoming Adrianne Lenker album is AAA.
Eager to stream this one. Might pick up the LP. Loved her last solo record.

Hope the pressing is decent. I feel like every Big Thief record I own is poorly pressed, noisy, or off center.

Who wants to play this one on their turntable?

Who wants to play this one on their turntable?

Made to order!

Made to order!

Grabbed two! Thanks!

Back