Definitive Audiophile pressings

Strangely enough, the KPG is listed as 2018 which is the same year as the RM. So it's odd as to why there's two. My hope is that it isn't MRP but it's just as likely Rainbo in 2018.
My RM doesn't have a date listed on Discogs but it has comments listed that go back to 2014 so maybe the 2018 RM was a repress?

My RM doesn't have a date listed on Discogs but it has comments listed that go back to 2014 so maybe the 2018 RM was a repress?
Certainly possible. Craft is like Radiohead with the pressings, very hard to tell what exactly they're doing or you're getting.

Listening to the Rhino Marquee Moon - and I feel that it's missing something that my OG has.

I'm not one to say if it's mids/lows/highs. My OG sounds really good, so I was expecting at least the same or better, but I'm just not sure where this falls.

Once this is done I'm gonna spin the OG - which is this pressing - gonna run it through the ultrasonic first.

@Mather -

If this is the VF version you got - the "66#" and "B2" look to me like etchings MRP uses on their stampers - so looking at the runouts on the release below - it looks to me it was cut by KPG @ CA, plated at RTI, and then pressed at MRP.

@Mather -

If this is the VF version you got - the "66#" and "B2" look to me like etchings MRP uses on their stampers - so looking at the runouts on the release below - it looks to me it was cut by KPG @ CA, plated at RTI, and then pressed at MRP.

Okay nice thanks. Well. It'll be a crap shoot I'm sure but hopefully it's pressed properly...

Last edited:
Listening to the Rhino Marquee Moon - and I feel that it's missing something that my OG has.

I'm not one to say if it's mids/lows/highs. My OG sounds really good, so I was expecting at least the same or better, but I'm just not sure where this falls.

Once this is done I'm gonna spin the OG - which is this pressing - gonna run it through the ultrasonic first.

OK - so I'm listening to side A of the OG - and it's definitely got more highs...but that's the sound that I'm used to with this album.

The new release sounds fantastic, and will probably be my goto, but it does have a different sound compared to the original - not better or worse, just different. It may take some time to get used to the new release.

OK - so I'm listening to side A of the OG - and it's definitely got more highs...but that's the sound that I'm used to with this album.

The new release sounds fantastic, and will probably be my goto, but it does have a different sound compared to the original - not better or worse, just different. It may take some time to get used to the new release.
I thought the new one sounds excellent too but don’t have an OG to compare. I do have the Bellman. Wish I had a better way to A/B pressings though

Good to know. Very tempted but going to wait until next month. Let fate decide if Warner Canada still has them in stock

Good to know. Very tempted but going to wait until next month. Let fate decide if Warner Canada still has them in stock

I think it's still worth picking up - I haven't heard the CB cut to know if that is comparable, but I do think it's a great release - if you don't have an original in good shape.

Surprisingly mine plays great compared to how the sleeve looks...

HfzEav.jpg

I'm listening to the new release again - with the volume up a tad bit to match the OG.

And that does help a bit.

This sounds really good, so I'm not trying to convince people it's not.

@Mather hopefully you'll just have better luck than me. My problem lately is getting perfectly flat centered records, and then just having a song or two covered in audible nonfill, I hope you get a clean one it's an amazing sounding reissue. I ended up giving mine to my brother who has a much more modest setup and he's happy!

@Mather hopefully you'll just have better luck than me. My problem lately is getting perfectly flat centered records, and then just having a song or two covered in audible nonfill, I hope you get a clean one it's an amazing sounding reissue. I ended up giving mine to my brother who has a much more modest setup and he's happy!
Cmoooon warp, nooooo no fill!

Back