Definitive Audiophile pressings

Tower Records sent out an email today and this was included:

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.35.52 PM.png

Unless there's a new pressing on the way, I'm thinking this text is incorrect in stating it's a 2LP offering. Probably the 50-year pressing from 2020, but is anyone aware of a new version of this coming? Here's a link to Tower's listing:

Tower Records sent out an email today and this was included:

View attachment 192236

Unless there's a new pressing on the way, I'm thinking this text is incorrect in stating it's a 2LP offering. Probably the 50-year pressing from 2020, but is anyone aware of a new version of this coming? Here's a link to Tower's listing:

The UPC is the 2020 KPG from a Discogs search

Last time I tried and all coupon codes were excluded for the HiFi series. With that said, if anybody finds a working coupon code let me know too! I might grab crossings and these two new ones

I was able to pickup The Cars in Canada with some patience and a 20% off code. Hopefully can find something similar for this!

I was able to pickup The Cars in Canada with some patience and a 20% off code. Hopefully can find something similar for this!
Yea it worked for me for The Cars and Coltrane but then seemed they shut down use of codes for them unless there was a site wide sale. Couldn’t get codes to work on Van Morrison or Herbie. Hoping for better luck this time!

I have the Bernie Grundman (edit: Chris Bellman cut it) Marquee Moon that Rhino did about 10 years ago. But I find that one a bit hot. If I can find a BoomBoom at a reasonable price up north I will also grab it.

Last edited:
That's a tough ask for mono but if you're ok with stereo there are some options.

I personally think the digital sourced 2012 reissues are quite good. I've heard they compare well to the BC13 boxset pressings. Could also try a UK 1980's Parlophone pressing (pre barcode) or if you're okay with label varients the German/Dutch Odeon Pressings are great!

While I prefer the mono on this one the stereo isn’t awful by early Beatles standards. It’s certainly not revolver or the insane peppers mix!

Back