Definitive Audiophile pressings

My just have to see what Mr. Wilson did with it. - and it's really not all that bad of a price for 3 LP's and a 7"
Also at Target (no 7” I don’t think)

I got the Monk one-step today and the picture sleeve has a big split in the bottom (the record even cut through the inner sleeve).
they should be able to take care of you. just email em. initially they offered me a pretty steep discount/refund but i said i wanted a replacement and they sent it.

they should be able to take care of you. just email em. initially they offered me a pretty steep discount/refund but i said i wanted a replacement and they sent it.
Wrote them yesterday and explained the issue (included a pic) and asked if i could get the jacket replaced and this is the reply lol:

"Hi Anders,

We appreciate you sharing the photo with us and are very sorry to see that this happened.

Since the damage is just to the vinyl jacket and nothing else with the Small Batch is defective, we would not be able to offer a full replacement here.

However, we would be happy to ship a replacement vinyl jacket to you.

We understand that this solution may not be ideal and we apologize.

Please let us know if we can proceed with shipping a replacement vinyl jacket only to you."

Wrote them yesterday and explained the issue (included a pic) and asked if i could get the jacket replaced and this is the reply lol:

"Hi Anders,

We appreciate you sharing the photo with us and are very sorry to see that this happened.

Since the damage is just to the vinyl jacket and nothing else with the Small Batch is defective, we would not be able to offer a full replacement here.

However, we would be happy to ship a replacement vinyl jacket to you.

We understand that this solution may not be ideal and we apologize.

Please let us know if we can proceed with shipping a replacement vinyl jacket only to you."
It sounded like from what you explained that only the sleeve was damaged...right? Or is the record damaged as well?

No, it's just the sleeve and i explained that and included a pic of the split but somehow she still thought i wanted the whole thing replaced :shrugs
ohh. i bet they get a lot of people who want full replacements and complain, then re-sell the replacements.

I was gonna say, that seems like a fair CS response given the record is fine! Nice and quick response too. Compared to Rhino, who got back to me quickly, but pretty much told me that they are backed up and it takes them 7+ weeks to send out in-stock items from their shop...

ohh. i bet they get a lot of people who want full replacements and complain, then re-sell the replacements.

I was gonna say, that seems like a fair CS response given the record is fine! Nice and quick response too. Compared to Rhino, who got back to me quickly, but pretty much told me that they are backed up and it takes them 7+ weeks to send out in-stock items from their shop...
Yeah, i was a bit surprised. I figured, being international, they would go for the partial refund first and try to get out of sending a replacement of any kind.

7+ weeks!? That's nuts.

Yeah, i was a bit surprised. I figured, being international, they would go for the partial refund first and try to get out of sending a replacement of any kind.

7+ weeks!? That's nuts.
Rhino has been doing a bunch of direct-to-consumer releases lately and their fulfillment is absolutely awful. I did end up with a spare free copy of Coltrane's Sound last time though...haha

Where did you buy it from? Craft US? I thought there was a EU store no? I see the UK store seem to have shut down? I wanted to buy this one but I think I’ll have to pay duty on it, it will end up pretty expensive…

One of the biggest shit shows since brexit is that the overwhelming majority of the European major music market is based in Britain. There is the IOSS system but it just doesn’t work or is being ignored so you often end up double paying VAT. It’s just a mess and so unless it’s a thing I can only get online I try to buy everything from a store based here.

Where did you buy it from? Craft US? I thought there was a EU store no? I see the UK store seem to have shut down? I wanted to buy this one but I think I’ll have to pay duty on it, it will end up pretty expensive…
I think they only have the US store now since the UK partner went into administration

Back