Definitive Audiophile pressings

You guys like the 2011 Sax better than the 2016 BG?
I haven't heard the Sax, just heard about it. But I find the BG very muffled and overly soft. I've had the BG Wall, DSOTM and WYWH and overall I thought the Wall fared best in terms of stacking up to earlier presses. It's punchy as all get out, but still too soft and lacking detail for me compared to earlier presses. That's why I grabbed the JP first press of that one

-little hook hands shaking with impotent rage-

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER, HE'S OUT OF ORDER, YOUR HONOR THIS WHOLE COURT IS OUT OF ORDER!

Looks like it's a lawsuit party! Batton down the hatches, clear the bilge pumps and raise the sails THIS LAWSUIT SHIP IS RAISING ANCHOR ME HEARTIES!
Consider this post to be the letter requesting your withdrawal of the aforementioned pleadings, tout suite. Otherwise I will be forced to move for sanctions, including the cost of drafting this post. And I do not accept goat as payment. Unless it is prepared Rogan Josh style. Then I will accept the goat. With fresh naan. And some basmati rice,

Does anyone have any opinions on the first or second Japanese pressing of Wish You Were Here? @RHANDMJ? Anyone?
Or any opinions on the best pressings aside from a UK 1st?

I ended up taking a chance on a 78 with my Goats Head Soup order a couple days ago. VG+ from Ella, shrink stickers missing, so the price was not crazy like I'd seen before for WYWH. I can only compare it to a 2016 BG when I get it though. But I felt the BG could be improved upon, hence the order.

I ended up taking a chance on a 78 with my Goats Head Soup order a couple days ago. VG+ from Ella, shrink stickers missing, so the price was not crazy like I'd seen before for WYWH. I can only compare it to a 2016 BG when I get it though. But I felt the BG could be improved upon, hence the order.
Yeah I'll be interested to hear that. I have the 80 Half Speed Mastersound which I think fairly handily beats the BG but it's a little beat up and I'd like one that plays cleaner. But those Mastersounds are pretty up there in price so I was wondering about what else might be similar at that price.

Consider this post to be the letter requesting your withdrawal of the aforementioned pleadings, tout suite. Otherwise I will be forced to move for sanctions, including the cost of drafting this post. And I do not accept goat as payment. Unless it is prepared Rogan Josh style. Then I will accept the goat. With fresh naan. And some basmati rice,
Bro you like Rogan Josh? That's my second favorite Rogan dish, just behind "Rogan Joe roasted over hot coals with peppers and shallots and then fired out of a cannon into the broadside of a mountain."
I hereby accept your goat deal.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll be interested to hear that. I have the 80 Half Speed Mastersound which I think fairly handily beats the BG but it's a little beat up and I'd like one that plays cleaner. But those Mastersounds are pretty up there in price so I was wondering about what else might be similar at that price.
I have the 43454 half speed and think it sounds amazing. But like you said they really skyrocketed in price. Didn’t even see any on cogs last time I checked.

A couple people seem to like it on Discogs, so I'm hopeful. Just hope the VG+ from Ella is conservative like the Sticky Fingers I ordered from them was (that one was visually a VG+ because of scuffs and little hairlines, but it plays NM on my setup).

I have the 43454 half speed and think it sounds amazing. But like you said they really skyrocketed in price. Didn’t even see any on cogs last time I checked.
Yeah even mine which is the uncorrected version sounds pretty great, except for the pops just due to its condition. But the prices are silly on that now. I'm gunna try to find that Sax or maybe try a JP second since the price is bit more reasonable. However the Sax has the same barcode as the BG so I suspect it will be nearly impossible to find one unless I stumble across one that's been opened and checked. 58 currently for sale on Cogs and I bet any money that nearly all of them are actually the BG.

DO NOT accept bbq “goat” from @Mathew Chupacabra J.D. . I did, once. I think it was miscellaneous roadkill jerky. At least that is what I hope it was.

That boom boom interview was really fun.
Summary
All the things I like about KPG:
Stereo, JBLs, Jazz, Crime of the Century, Roadhouse Blues.

Things KPG doesn't like headphones, DSD, mono, college

Must buy Coltrane My Favorite Things
He also doesn’t like 45RPM. I feel vindicated! And he definitely wasn’t reading off the teleprompter I set up for him when he said that he hates getting up to flip the album so much on a 45

Yeah even mine which is the uncorrected version sounds pretty great, except for the pops just due to its condition. But the prices are silly on that now. I'm gunna try to find that Sax or maybe try a JP second since the price is bit more reasonable. However the Sax has the same barcode as the BG so I suspect it will be nearly impossible to find one unless I stumble across one that's been opened and checked. 58 currently for sale on Cogs and I bet any money that nearly all of them are actually the BG.

Did the Sax also come in the dark bag?

According to cogs it appears that some did and some didn't. Which makes it even more maddening haha...

Frustrating. The pictures on Discogs have this sticker on the Sax Bag (that one's for you @jamieanderson1968) - I guess for those sold with the Sax Bag (hehe, said it again). My BG didn't have it. Maybe a way to differentiate?

1655755083660.png

He also doesn’t like 45RPM. I feel vindicated! And he definitely wasn’t reading off the teleprompter I set up for him when he said that he hates getting up to flip the album so much on a 45
Did anyone catch the NY 30th street Columbia recomendation comment? I could quite get the context there.

Did the Sax also come in the dark bag?
According to cogs it appears that some did and some didn't. Which makes it even more maddening haha...
I had (yes, past tense) a Sax cut, came with the black outer bag. Opted to get the BG instead. From what I recall, the Sax sounded great, didn't have any issues, I just really love BG. I still haven't played my BG, so I can't compare the two.

Back