Definitive Audiophile pressings

do you happen to have the bellman 50th anniversary AAA pressing? i'd be curious to see how those compare

No sorry. I do have an early pressing. (US Monarch’71). I know that one well. Blows Monarch away from an audiophile perspective. I listened to it awhile ago getting ready for this pressing however I didn’t do a real comparison tonight. But, FWIW I’ll bet the AAA Bellman is very close.

I saw a random YouTube video where they compared the two but it doesn’t look like I was smart enough to save it and I didn’t know the reviewer. You might try searching for it.

This new pressing is without question an excellent record on all fronts.

No sorry. I do have an early pressing. (US Monarch’71). I know that one well. Blows Monarch away from an audiophile perspective. I listened to it awhile ago getting ready for this pressing however I didn’t do a real comparison tonight. But, FWIW I’ll bet the AAA Bellman is very close.

I saw a random YouTube video where they compared the two but it doesn’t look like I was smart enough to save it and I didn’t know the reviewer. You might try searching for it.

This new pressing is without question an excellent record on all fronts.
The irrational side of me wants to get the MoFi to see how they compare. The rational side of me remembers that I like but don’t love the album and the Bellman cut is great and more than enough for me haha.

do you happen to have the bellman 50th anniversary AAA pressing? i'd be curious to see how those compare
I have the Bernie cut Classic Records pressing of this one too and it sound fantastic.
Lots of quantity available on this one.

Hey Canadians, have any of you ordered from Acoustic Sounds recently? If so is fed ex charging broker fees? Duty?
That is the million dollar question. That is what is stopping me buying any audiophile records from the US these days. If you go USPS it will take almost 3 months, but if it is UPS or FedEx you are going to be hit with customs and duties (and extortionist fees).

They quickly killed that coupon usage haha. I grabbed Relaxin since I don’t own it and have the other Craft One Steps.
Mike, in general how do the Craft One Steps compare to the UHQR/MOFI One Steps? On par? While I'm not grabbing this one I'm definitely curious for future releases.

On the fence about Relaxin’. $109, hmmmm. I remember getting Lush Life for like $85 with a coupon. Does sound damn good though!
So at first I decided I would not get it. Then I caved and bought it. It came out at $130 with shipping and tax. In the end I canceled my order, this is a lot of money for an album that I don’t consider essential.

@tvham they are definitely on par with UHQR and MoFi UD1S.

edit: wow, I am surprised it is still available! OK they pressed more, but last time they sold out within minutes...

So at first I decided I would not get it. Then I caved and bought it. It came out at $130 with shipping and tax. In the end I canceled my order, this is a lot of money for an album that I don’t consider essential.

edit: wow, I am surprised it is still available! OK they pressed more, but last time they sold out within minutes...
They pressed 5x as many this time and the AP will be back at some point for $40 so I understand why it’s still available.

Mike, in general how do the Craft One Steps compare to the UHQR/MOFI One Steps? On par? While I'm not grabbing this one I'm definitely curious for future releases.
I really like the Craft One Steps. A nice and thin box (I’d say half the thickness of the UHQRs). Nice jackets. Haven’t had any pressing issues with the two albums I’ve gotten so far. Sound quality-wise they are excellent too. I really like them and hope they do some more unique titles next time. I only have the Miles UHQR and it’s definitely comparable and equally as good.

I really like the Craft One Steps. A nice and thin box (I’d say half the thickness of the UHQRs). Nice jackets. Haven’t had any pressing issues with the two albums I’ve gotten so far. Sound quality-wise they are excellent too. I really like them and hope they do some more unique titles next time. I only have the Miles UHQR and it’s definitely comparable and equally as good.
I have the Miles UHQR also along with some SRX titles (which are comparable if different) and the one step craft and a few other one step mofi. The best sounding record I own is Nightfly from mofi but I’d say they’re all extremely similar. It’s hard to compare craft/mofi though because the individual titles have different recording/mixing and different formats (2x45 vs 33). I prefer craft mostly because the quality is there and I dislike 2x45s and I think they’re cheaper? Or the same, I forget now. But basically craft stands up and is arguably better.

I have the Miles UHQR also along with some SRX titles (which are comparable if different) and the one step craft and a few other one step mofi. The best sounding record I own is Nightfly from mofi but I’d say they’re all extremely similar. It’s hard to compare craft/mofi though because the individual titles have different recording/mixing and different formats (2x45 vs 33). I prefer craft mostly because the quality is there and I dislike 2x45s and I think they’re cheaper? Or the same, I forget now. But basically craft stands up and is arguably better.
Yea it’s really hard to actually compare because they are different titles. The MoFi Thelonious Monk and Mingus are incredible and better sounding than the Crafts but those albums were recorded better I think. Lush Life is a pretty mediocre recording overall but I do slightly prefer the Craft to the regular AP on that one.

Yeah, I bought the Kind of Blue UHQR because it's one lp, so far it's the only one I own but I do have the Somethin' Else preordered. Not thrilled that it's 2x45 but excited to hear it nonetheless.

Sketches of Spain and Bitches Brew are 33 as well fyi.
I know this might be sacrilege for most people but I like, don't love, Miles. I'm more of a hard bop guy and while I own 7 Miles albums I really don't feel like I need to upgrade any of them. The AP version of Someday My Prince Will Come does sound amazing!

Not for this one. This era of Miles is far from essential, and they are basic two track recordings. The tapes are all in very poor shape. Craft can do much better with the catalog they have.

Back