Definitive Audiophile pressings

That is the million dollar question. That is what is stopping me buying any audiophile records from the US these days. If you go USPS it will take almost 3 months, but if it is UPS or FedEx you are going to be hit with customs and duties (and extortionist fees).
If you just ask AS or Elusive Disc to mark the customs value as $20, it will sail through without and duties or taxes.

When you get lemons, DON'T give me that bullshit of making lemonade. Tell them you're not gonna take their fucking lemons, and demand to speak to the manager. Get mad. Tell them you're going to burn their warehouse down with the damn lemons unless they do it.

I don't need the Hendrix UHQR.
Nope. Sure don't.
I do however need something else to go along with my Goin' Away Acoustic Sounds order so that it reaches the minimum price...

👀 👀 👀 👀

It’s a pity they don’t have gum at the checkout like at the supermarket. The amount of times that I’ve thrown a packet of gum into my shop to hit a voucher…

Last edited:
Hey Canadians, have any of you ordered from Acoustic Sounds recently? If so is fed ex charging broker fees? Duty?

That is the million dollar question. That is what is stopping me buying any audiophile records from the US these days. If you go USPS it will take almost 3 months, but if it is UPS or FedEx you are going to be hit with customs and duties (and extortionist fees).

What's the next best place you guys order AP/Acoustic sounds stuff from?

edit: wow, I am surprised it is still available! OK they pressed more, but last time they sold out within minutes...

Been watching it on Craft Small Batch site wondering how long they will last. No idea if this is accurate but FWIW using the “how many can I add to cart trick” we get:

1103 goes into cart….

0031A54C-8A4D-49C9-99F5-BEF98CD673F3.jpeg

1104 give error message….

FE79AF24-0215-4BA8-88CB-9C7F2DC31070.jpeg

Not sure you ask for yourself but in any case Vinyl Gourmet (in Portugal I think) carries all audiophile labels, but I don’t know how shipping would be across Europe…

Thanks, since I'm temporarily in Canada I wanted to see if I could find some stuff locally here as well, wondering if it would even be cheaper.

A lot of the acoustic sounds stuff thats on their website isn't being sold in Europe, and when it is it's really expensive.

Thanks, since I'm temporarily in Canada I wanted to see if I could find some stuff locally here as well, wondering if it would even be cheaper.

A lot of the acoustic sounds stuff thats on their website isn't being sold in Europe, and when it is it's really expensive.
If you're in Toronto Sonic Boom has the biggest audiophile pressing collection of any store I know. But they're also the most expensive store in the city.

Where are you? [puts hand to shade eyes and looks around this giant country]

Back