Definitive Audiophile pressings

I saw someone doing similar trials on the SH forum. It was ~2500 Saturday then. Guessing this is sold out this week...

Yes. It’s been going down. We’re not seeing instant sell outs of a # of things. A positive trend. Much better it you can wait to read reviews and then decide it it fits ur collection. Less pressure.

However, Can’t count on anything. Some things disappear crazy fast while others now stick around for a bit. For example, David Crosby Supervinyl. Limited and great reviews but still for sale. Jazz titles do tent to disappear though.

Yes. It’s been going down. We’re not seeing instant sell outs of a # of things. A positive trend. Much better it you can wait to read reviews and then decide it it fits ur collection. Less pressure.

However, Can’t count on anything. Some things disappear crazy fast while others now stick around for a bit. For example, David Crosby Supervinyl. Limited and great reviews but still for sale. Jazz titles do tent to disappear though.
Where have you seen the David Crosby Supervinyl still available? Only place I've seen it is Music Direct and they've jacked the price to $75. Are there still retailers selling it at the regular price?

Where have you seen the David Crosby Supervinyl still available? Only place I've seen it is Music Direct and they've jacked the price to $75. Are there still retailers selling it at the regular price?

I think the standard price for that was $75 if it matters - it's still on Mofi

Thanks, since I'm temporarily in Canada I wanted to see if I could find some stuff locally here as well, wondering if it would even be cheaper.

A lot of the acoustic sounds stuff thats on their website isn't being sold in Europe, and when it is it's really expensive.

Since you're in BC, check out Audiopile. Only a bit of audiophile stuff, but prices are usually excellent. One of my go-to's for "well-pressed" records because they are usually accurate on the pressings they sell. If the listing says it's a KPG@CA, it usually is.

I think the standard price for that was $75 if it matters - it's still on Mofi

Really? My bad then. For some reason I thought $59.99 was the basic price for the Supervinyl releases. Disappointing! (but thanks!)

Since you're in BC, check out Audiopile. Only a bit of audiophile stuff, but prices are usually excellent. One of my go-to's for "well-pressed" records because they are usually accurate on the pressings they sell. If the listing says it's a KPG@CA, it usually is.
Check out Red Cat as well. 2 locations but Main St has the largest selection. Not sure how much audiophile stuff (MoFi, AP etc) but will definitely have some of the latest Acoustic Sounds reissues.

Really? My bad then. For some reason I thought $59.99 was the basic price for the Supervinyl releases. Disappointing! (but thanks!)

At $75 these could be the high value editions of the crazy priced super vinyl. No fancy box just a nice cover, great mastering/pressing, all AAA, and the best quality vinyl available. Basically a Tone Poet on Super Vinyl. I wish they would do more like this. Best sound. Nice packaging but not excessive fluff.

At $75 these could be the high value editions of the crazy priced super vinyl. No fancy box just a nice cover, great mastering/pressing, all AAA, and the best quality vinyl available. Basically a Tone Poet on Super Vinyl. I wish they would do more like this. Best sound. Nice packaging but not excessive fluff.
They are doing this with a lot of the Miles Davis albums in case you weren't aware! Already can be ordered by calling Music Direct (not sure if they are on their site yet).

They are doing this with a lot of the Miles Davis albums in case you weren't aware! Already can be ordered by calling Music Direct (not sure if they are on their site yet).

I think I got them all preordered. It’s a long list.

I'm only grabbing one or two I think. Have most of them already on MoFi. Just wanna grab the ones I am missing + will get the One Steps.

Should be fun to hear the differences. Especially, since the MoFi Miles Davis releases are some of my best sounding MoFi titles already. They are going to have to nail it just to keep from backtracking.

Should be fun to hear the differences. Especially, since the MoFi Miles Davis releases are some of my best sounding MoFi titles already. They are going to have to nail it just to keep from backtracking.
I can't really justify dropping $70 or whatever the price is on the versions I already have since, like you said, they already sound great. I try to only buy the fancy versions if I don't have a great-sounding pressing of the album already or if the current really good sounding versions are $$.

I can't really justify dropping $70 or whatever the price is on the versions I already have since, like you said, they already sound great. I try to only buy the fancy versions if I don't have a great-sounding pressing of the album already or if the current really good sounding versions are $$.

I get it. A newer version doesn’t in any way take away from the stellar sound quality of an already great earlier audiophile reissue. It’s good to have options.

Are the #ed Miles Davis Super Vinyl going to be limited? Originally, I thought not but David C says 4000 on back. Not open ended.

Is there a list of these upcoming Miles MoFI titles?

Is there a list of these upcoming Miles MoFI titles?

Someone posted a link to updated list awhile back. If no one reposts it I will look for it and/or do a cut paste from a spreadsheet file I’ve got going so I know what MoFis I’ve got coming. It’s going to be awhile b4 they all show up and I already occasionally double order by mistake. :).

Update: if u want to get them rolling u can also call MD and they will run down the list one-by-one while u say yes or no. The resulting total on the back order can be a bit eye popping but they likely will be two+ yrs out b4 they all get pressed.

Last edited:
Back