Definitive Audiophile pressings

I started with the Miles, saving Waltz for Debby for last hahaha. The Miles sounds ridiculously good, like wow, was expecting to be disappointed but its truly in EX condition. Looked back and got it for $17, what a steal lol.
Yeah, last night as I was listening to a couple I got (Hotel California and Darkness on the Edge of Town) and looking at the pristine jackets and various inserts (photos, lyrics, Eagles poster), I felt like someone had snuck me into some kind of museum for a bygone era. It's a totally different experience.

had anyone ordered anything in VG+ from record city?
Someone recently ordered the same record in both VG+ and EX condition and said they'd report back with a comparison. Think it was a Beatles album, but don't recall who it was.

EDIT: It was @Andy :D

It was me - definitely.

I also placed a much smaller order at the weekend, with a couple of VG+ titles, I'm expecting delivery tomorrow. Got some Stones, Beggars Banquet & Let it Bleed. (If anyone sees Some Girls or sticky Fingers let me know)

edit - it was 2 different pressings of Abbey Road, I couldn't decide which one to get & saw one of them at $11

(If anyone sees Some Girls or sticky Fingers let me know)
Some Girls, Ex-/Ex-, good price
Sticky Fingers, a little spendy, especially for the Ex-/Ex- '79 version

Some Girls, Ex-/Ex-, good price
Sticky Fingers, a little spendy, especially for the Ex-/Ex- '79 version

Thanks, sticky fingers was a little too spendy but had to pick up some girls. Another order in :)

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale (MOTOWN) (SWX6141) (781637)
Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July (MOTOWN) (VIP6748) (872727)
Rolling Stones - Some Girls (ROLLING STONES) (ESS81050) (874597)
Beatles - Let It Be (APPLE) (EAS80561) (876680)

Ok ok… order in…

1 10" JPY 5980 Radiohead - King Of Limbs (TICKER TAPE LTD) (TICK001S) (742968)

1 LP JPY 6980 Black Sabbath - Paranoid (NEMS) (SP185011) (850798)

1 LP JPY 2280 Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life (MOTOWN) (VIP12) (845983)

I keep on nearly buying songs in the Key of life but every time I put it the basket the shipping goes up $20, did you have the same issue?

Last edited:
I keep on nearly buying songs in the Key of life but every time I put it the basket the shipping goes up $20, did you have the same issue?
I had Getz Au Go Go as the 4th record in my cart and when I removed it my shipping came down by nearly 50%. It’s definitely weird and unpredictable how the shipping is calculated.
This 3 album order was $138 plus $17 shipping if that helps.

Back