Definitive Audiophile pressings

I'm a huge Phish fan (I know . . . haters gonna hate), who, like most fans never listens to studio albums. I did buy this on CD when it was released (edit -- the Elektra reissue in 1992), and I may have to check out a good vinyl version.
This was my first Phish CD too. It’s not their best studio album but it’s still a whole lotta fun. “Split Open And Melt”, “Run Like an Antelope”, and of course “Bouncing Around The Room” are all worth the price of admission. Plus al the Phish reissues I’ve purchased on wax have sounded great.

Maybe this is old news, but, just in case, If you've wanted an outer protective sleeve for a One Step box, these from Sleeve City work well and comfortably: Pack of 25 Ultimate outer boxed set for LP storage.

I bought them sleeves for smaller box sets (like 3-disc "Kankyo Ongaku" and "The Microcosm"), and they're baggy but fine for those. I was happy to learn they also fit my Yes - Fragile One Step, which I bought from AS's Discogs thanks to someone's post here a month or two ago.

They're backordered until May but, be forewarned, I ordered mine in November, got a delay notice in December and several delay notices after that, and they just arrived today!!!

I got s/t, southern accents and into the great wide open today. All three sound fantastic!

I have the CB cut Damn The Torpedoes, in red vinyl no less, but pressed at Pallas and it's fantastic too. I have his solo Full Moon Fever and Wallflowers, but I really need to get more of the Heartbreakers stuff. S/T and Hard Promises next for me I think.

I have the CB cut Damn The Torpedoes, in red vinyl no less, but pressed at Pallas and it's fantastic too. I have his solo Full Moon Fever and Wallflowers, but I really need to get more of the Heartbreakers stuff. S/T and Hard Promises next for me I think.
My wife says I can't hang out with you anymore unless you stop getting me spend my money.

Hard Promises is likely my next buy too (I have finding wallflowers on gold vinyl already paid for arriving soon). I have the bellers of DTT (but on black) too and it is awesome! my jewel for TP thought is an 89 OG of Full Moon Fever, was my first used buy, cost €10 and is still amongst my best sounding records!

So I think the 3xLP 45 RPM In Utero was recently repressed. I just notice my local has some for sale and I checked the Discogs Marketplace and 1234Go Records has like 20 copies for sale too. they retail for around $60 but are pretty great quality wise.

Maybe this is old news, but, just in case, If you've wanted an outer protective sleeve for a One Step box, these from Sleeve City work well and comfortably: Pack of 25 Ultimate outer boxed set for LP storage.

I bought them sleeves for smaller box sets (like 3-disc "Kankyo Ongaku" and "The Microcosm"), and they're baggy but fine for those. I was happy to learn they also fit my Yes - Fragile One Step, which I bought from AS's Discogs thanks to someone's post here a month or two ago.

They're backordered until May but, be forewarned, I ordered mine in November, got a delay notice in December and several delay notices after that, and they just arrived today!!!
Finally! A sleeve for my 25 One Steps! lol

But seriously it is nice to see that there is an available solution for box set sleeving.(that’s a word.........nnnnnnnnnnow.)

No idea. That and the last 3 TH records could use a repress. Rhino did everything until Speaking In Tongues in vinyl (although they were all done on CD I believe) and then stopped.
The last two TH reissues (The name of this band... and Speaking In Tongues) came out this year, so there is always next year's SYEOR campaign

The last two TH reissues (The name of this band... and Speaking In Tongues) came out this year, so there is always next year's SYEOR campaign

Those were represses of the Rhino reissue campaign from 2009-2013 though (Rhino reissued the first 5 albums and The Name of The Band). Stop Making Sense and the last 3 albums were never reissued in that original campaign, nor ever, since the 80s.

Anyone have any opinions on the Kevin Grey cut Giant Steps on Rhino ? Very good price on Amz right now. I have a good cd but would like to have on wax. Thanks.
Amazon product ASIN B00070DK46

Rcvd. No Rhino/KG sticker on mine. Makes me wonder about the pressing. UPC 8122787061 which takes you to the same Amz page. Wonder if they have switched this to a cheaper pressing ?

Last edited:
Amazon doesn't know its ass from its elbow at times. I ordered the Kind Of Blue non-numbered RSD mono which clearly stated Kind Of Blue Mono on the listing. Opened the box when it arrived, same stereo version I had previously owned.

Rcvd. No Rhino/KG sticker on mine. Makes me wonder about the pressing. UPC 8122787061 which takes you to the same Amz page. Wonder if they have swicthed this to a cheaper pressing ?
Yeah, there was a discussion about it yesterday. It’s this...
The reviews are fairly positive on both Discogs and the few around here that already own it. Though, the stereo channeling is distracting to some. I decided just to keep mine.

Yeah, there was a discussion about it yesterday. It’s this...
The reviews are fairly positive on both Discogs and the few around here that already own it. Though, the stereo channeling is distracting to some. I decided just to keep mine.

Amazon doesn't know its ass from its elbow at times. I ordered the Kind Of Blue non-numbered RSD mono which clearly stated Kind Of Blue Mono on the listing. Opened the box when it arrived, same stereo version I had previously owned.

I just got my Amazon Giant Step and unfortunately, it wasn’t the KPG cut Rhino Pressing. It’s a Euro WEA reissue pressed at Optimal...
The reviews aren’t terrible but I might still return it. I’ll ponder it for a bit.

I still have no issues on this pressing, It sounds great to me. And I apologize, I should have been more clear that I thought the LP sounded fine, but was not the KG press.

Just listened to this again, still sounds great ;)

Thanks for this info everyone. @AnthonyI encouraging feedback as I know you take great care in pressings. This thread moves very quick for me and for some reason I do not always get watch notifications. I will give it listen the weekend and see how it sounds. You win a few, you loose a few.

Last edited:
Back