Definitive Audiophile pressings

I blinked and missed when everyone was talking about MoFi's (questionable) releases of classic rock. I have The Cars self titled album from them, sounds great. Has anyone heard the Candy-O or Heartbeat City releases? I am pondering if I should backorder them on Musicdirect.
I have s/t and Heartbeat City. I have an OG S/T that is actually very good sounding as well to the point that I'm not actually sure which I like better, the OG or the MoFi. I don't have the OG Heartbeat City, but the MoFi is good no doubt.

Craft One-Step Preorder, Live at 2PM PST Friday

So I guess you guys don't want me to tell you about the JLH 2LP 45 AP then huh...
Oh I remember you telling us how good it was a lonnnnng time ago ...back in the day when there was only one Mather/always received warped records/ and had no room to buy anymore records.
Remember those days ?😂

Oh I remember you telling us how good it was a lonnnnng time ago ...back in the day when there was only one Mather/always received warped records/ and had no room to buy anymore records.
Remember those days ?😂
The before times? In the way way back? That poor sweet innocent Mather is dead. There is now only one Mather.

Okay two, NIGHTMather...

But we combine to form MEGAMATHER. A force more powerful that 10 maxed credit cards soaked in bourbon.

Last edited:
The before times? In the way way back? That poor sweet innocent Mather is dead. There is now only one Mather.

Okay two, NIGHTMather...

But we combine to form MEGAMATHER. A force more powerful that 10 maxed credit cards soaked in bourbon.
That’s sounds like one strong Mather...I hope the Royal Canadian Mounties can contain such a force 🥃

I wish there was an easier way to find out when APs are back in stock. They sometimes email, but a lot of times stuff is just mysteriously up there.
I def agree. I turned on Instagram notifications which is how I found out the John Lee Hooker finally restocked today.
I think the best way at this point is to just back order titles you want. You’ll eventually find out they’ve restocked when you get the shipping notification and credit card charge. I think I currently have a dozen titles back ordered.

I wish there was an easier way to find out when APs are back in stock. They sometimes email, but a lot of times stuff is just mysteriously up there.

I follow them on Instagram and they always post when an AP pressing is back in stock. Impex and Speakers Corner and other labels that aren't AP though they usually don't announce it on social media, you kinda just gotta check your wishlist frequently.

I follow them on Instagram and they always post when an AP pressing is back in stock. Impex and Speakers Corner and other labels that aren't AP though they usually don't announce it on social media, you kinda just gotta check your wishlist frequently.
Yea i'll just do the wishlist thing and maybe backorder a few items per @admerr 's suggestion.

I believe it but Mofi did me dirty on that Mingus One Step. I still don't have a single disc even close to flat, so I'm good with hopefully never buying another one of those again for $200+ CAD.
Both of my Mingus Ah Um discs have a slight dish warp, and the replacement disc 1 I got also has the same slight dish warp. I'm not sure flat ones exist.

Back