Definitive Audiophile pressings

Mrjay07

Hey All,

I've got a couple of pre-orders coming in a few weeks. They're Definitive Audiophile pressings of Getz/Gilbert & Coltrane Love Supreme.
Has anyone got records from DA?
Are they worth double the money of standard 180g newish pressings?
I'd hate to think it was a massive con. In my head they're almost MoFi pressing money so should be great.
Thanks in advance.
Stay safe!

Hey All,

I've got a couple of pre-orders coming in a few weeks. They're Definitive Audiophile pressings of Getz/Gilbert & Coltrane Love Supreme.
I'd hate to think it was a massive con. In my head they're almost MoFi pressing money so should be great.
Thanks in advance.
Stay safe!
Do you mean the Acoustic Sounds Series?

I believe this is the First wave but their lineage has people excited. I have the Getz/Gilberto on order myself.

Hey All,

Thanks in advance.
Stay safe!

I've got Gets/Gilberto, Coltrane's Ballads and A Love Supreme preordered.

I think they'll all be excellent, and I've been able to find them all for a price well below the $35 list. Gets/Gilberto I preordered for $21, and the Coltranes were $27 each. With time, they'll likely drop in price more, like how the Tone Poets and BN80s do.

Was going to start a thread like this because there isn’t really a place to discuss AAA Or other high quality new releases specifically...

On the MoFi vinyl front, looks like Electric Warrior started shipping for people this week. Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson seems to be coming up soon too on CD and vinyl. People have also noted that Somethin Else - Canonball Adderley might be the next One Step announced (to come after the somewhat recently announced SRV release).

Hi guys, I have a question you might be able to answer

I was watching this youtube video of a guy that bought $25,113 worth of audiophile pressings and he showed a lot of the Classic Records Single Sided 45rpm releases. As an example, the Sonny Rollins - Bridge is split across 4 single-sided records. Im just wondering what benefit there is to it being single sided? From every aspect, it seems like more of an inconvenience (switching, storage, etc), so im guessing there is a benefit to the audio somehow?

Was going to start a thread like this because there isn’t really a place to discuss AAA Or other high quality new releases specifically...

On the MoFi vinyl front, looks like Electric Warrior started shipping for people this week. Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson seems to be coming up soon too on CD and vinyl. People have also noted that Somethin Else - Canonball Adderley might be the next One Step announced (to come after the somewhat recently announced SRV release).

There actually is such a thread...

There actually is such a thread...

Whoops! I scrolled through the other day and didn’t see it. Must have missed it—thanks!

I was watching this youtube video of a guy that bought $25,113 worth of audiophile pressings and he showed a lot of the Classic Records Single Sided 45rpm releases. As an example, the Sonny Rollins - Bridge is split across 4 single-sided records. Im just wondering what benefit there is to it being single sided? From every aspect, it seems like more of an inconvenience (switching, storage, etc), so im guessing there is a benefit to the audio somehow?

That guy is the owner of www.theingroove.com/ in Phoenix, Arizona and specializes in audiophile pressings, Check out the online store, any order over $40 gets free shipping.
#theingroove

I've always wondered this myself. There's a pressing of BVSC that is an 8LP box, and all are single-sided haha. I tried to do some research on this, and all I have managed to find is this as part of a review of the Classic Records Clarity series:

the grooves are stamped on only one side of the disc; the other side is blank; as a result, mechanical resonances are absorbed by the turntable platter. I’ve done A/B comparisons between one- and two-sided LPs before; sounds fishy, but there is a difference, and while it’s not enormous, it’s far from trivial.

That guy is the owner of www.theingroove.com/ in Phoenix, Arizona and specializes in audiophile pressings, Check out the online store, any order over $40 gets free shipping.
#theingroove
They are my latest source for MoFi release news (them and Toad Hall). Their update videos seem to have info on upcoming records before MoFi even officially announce things.

I've always wondered this myself. There's a pressing of BVSC that is an 8LP box, and all are single-sided haha. I tried to do some research on this, and all I have managed to find is this as part of a review of the Classic Records Clarity series:

the grooves are stamped on only one side of the disc; the other side is blank; as a result, mechanical resonances are absorbed by the turntable platter. I’ve done A/B comparisons between one- and two-sided LPs before; sounds fishy, but there is a difference, and while it’s not enormous, it’s far from trivial.
Ah nice, I was hoping to find something like that quote. Seems a bit of a weak reasoning on their part, but each to their own I guess.

Ah nice, I was hoping to find something like that quote. Seems a bit of a weak reasoning on their part, but each to their own I guess.
There reaches a certain level of audiophileness where stuff like that doesn't really make the price worth it for me. I like my rig, but it's not so expensive that it would likely pick up differences on something like this. It's all about the mastering and sourcing for me. If there's an album available at 33 and 45 and has the same mastering engineer and same original source, I'll go for the 33 every time. Those clarity box sets are also CRAZY expensive now on discogs and secondhand markets.

They are my latest source for MoFi release news (them and Toad Hall). Their update videos seem to have info on upcoming records before MoFi even officially announce things.

I ordered Dire Straits S/T MFSL off the site yesterday, wanted to get Communique too but it was already gone. I also got the Neil Young Harvest a few weeks ago and it is as advertised in his videos....and it was well packaged with no damage upon arrival.

Back