Definitive Audiophile pressings

I’m with @Mather in that I tend to like AP better even though I have WAY more MoFis (84 MoFis vs 39 APs). But it’s a bit of a toss up and I’d say they are comparable plus you get the actual album art with AP. Do you have any of the AP 45s? The Skynyrds are awesome.
I do have quite a few, but many of them are jazz titles so I never really thought about them in relation to MoFi. I have Tony Joe White, one of the Skynnard titles, a Doors title, Cowboy Junkies and Counting Crows, and I agree they are top-notch. For some reason, it was only when I saw the announcement for the Steely Dan titles that it occurred to me this was MoFi territory.

I’m skipping out on those Steely Dan reissues because I’m not a huge fan of those albums. But I’d grab some of the earlier albums for sure.
Not to tempt you, but I’m not surprised they started this potential series with those two albums. I think they’re the best recorded albums in the catalog, with Gaucho and Aja falling in behind them. They’re both very crisp and, well, smooth. I am really excited to hear them with the AP 45 treatment, and I usually opt for the 33s when I can.

That being said, the RSD versions from last year are already pretty damn good.

Not to tempt you, but I’m not surprised they started this potential series with those two albums. I think they’re the best recorded albums in the catalog, with Gaucho and Aja falling in behind them. They’re both very crisp and, well, smooth. I am really excited to hear them with the AP 45 treatment, and I usually opt for the 33s when I can.

That being said, the RSD versions from last year are already pretty damn good.
I have both RSDs, but i’m only planning on upgrading Two Against Nature. I don’t really listen to Everything Must Go, so what I have will do just fine. But I cannot wait for Two Against Nature!

I grabbed a few at a (not so) local store today. Listening to Clapton Unplugged now and save for a minor pressing (Pallas) issue, the mastering (Bellers) is phenomenal. Glad I passed on the One-Step. I’m not sure it would be worth the extra $80.

Nice! I’m shocked Rhino didn’t advertise it as AAA and KG cut, but I guess that’s kinda Rhino’s “thing”

Tbh it probably allows for more people to get it. Like that AAA Otis you echoed yesterday, found that for less than $20 on markdown at a shop about six months ago. It’s so, so good.
Or if you're a connoisseur you can get this one and it's 50% off!

I just ordered that one and the Coltrane 60th from PBC! Been hearing rave reviews on both
A trusted commentator on another board said... If the new My Favorite Things stereo/mono AAA KG version is any indication of what lies ahead with the Tone Poet release of "Blue Train", we are going to be in for something special. I just compared the new stereo of MFT to the ORG 45 stereo yesterday and the KG topped it. I still prefer the new mono, but the stereo turned out fantastic as well. The soundstage sounds just fine for what it is.

Tbh it probably allows for more people to get it. Like that AAA Otis you echoed yesterday, found that for less than $20 on markdown at a shop about six months ago. It’s so, so good.
Yea maybe! But seems odd. I end up passing on a lot of Rhino stuff until the source or engineer is revealed. And sometimes people don’t add credits to discogs until way later. Either way glad they are doing stuff like this and keeping it somewhat affordable!

A trusted commentator on another board said... If the new My Favorite Things stereo/mono AAA KG version is any indication of what lies ahead with the Tone Poet release of "Blue Train", we are going to be in for something special. I just compared the new stereo of MFT to the ORG 45 stereo yesterday and the KG topped it. I still prefer the new mono, but the stereo turned out fantastic as well. The soundstage sounds just fine for what it is.
I might sell my ORG once I get this one!

Back