Definitive Audiophile pressings

I've heard the Analog Spark is the one to get. Kevin Gray, AAA I think too (analog spark usually is if possible). Top notch quality label. MOV you can always bet on to be a solid DMM mastering and pressing, but never elite/best of the best.
Agree. MOV have great pressings, can only do DMM (which isn't as bad as it's made out to be) and always a digital source.

For a record like Soup, go Analog Spark. By far the best.

Agree. MOV have great pressings, can only do DMM (which isn't as bad as it's made out to be) and always a digital source.

For a record like Soup, go Analog Spark. By far the best.
I've heard the Analog Spark is the one to get. Kevin Gray, AAA I think too (analog spark usually is if possible). Top notch quality label. MOV you can always bet on to be a solid DMM mastering and pressing, but never elite/best of the best.

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m glad I waited a bit and checked eBay - grabbed the Analog Spark Soup and the S/T w/ Sipping Time sessions for $60 shipped!

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m glad I waited a bit and checked eBay - grabbed the Analog Spark Soup and the S/T w/ Sipping Time sessions for $60 shipped!
Haven't heard the MOV, but I have the Analog Spark pressing. You won't be disappointed with the sound or pressing. Also, if you grabbed the "soup colored" variant, it's such a perfect fit with the artwork and inner labels.

Haven't heard the MOV, but I have the Analog Spark pressing. You won't be disappointed with the sound or pressing. Also, if you grabbed the "soup colored" variant, it's such a perfect fit with the artwork and inner labels.
It’s just the standard black, but I’ll take it considering the price for both of those shipped was equal to the cheapest price of one on Discogs!

Was looking at international shipping on Udiscover & for titles I might want if I decided to pick up the Marvin Gaye Reissue & came across a couple of interesting titles.

I'm sure this isn't audiophile, but is listed as having the Fight the power mixes on, this can't be all on 1 disc? I can't see any info about this reissue anywhere? Anyone know anything about it?

Also saw this up for sale in the US & the UK (don't know if there are 2 pressings), but on cogs listed as an RKS cut.

On cogs the single (UK) reissue of this years model gets great reviews for the US pressing & a shit review for the other (I'm assuming European).

Anyone have any experience if this years reissue of this years model?

So I've been in the mood for some Judas Priest and haven't run into any clean og's. How are the "We Are Vinyl" pressings? I've seen their hype sticker around but never investigated. And if those aren't good, what should I look for?

Cross post from the vinyl deals thread. PlaidRoom has A Ghost Is Born for $19.99. Probably the cheapest you’ll ever find it, and it’s an amazing pressing.
Beautiful pressing. Was just spinning this one the other day

Cross post from the vinyl deals thread. PlaidRoom has A Ghost Is Born for $19.99. Probably the cheapest you’ll ever find it, and it’s an amazing pressing.
I might get a second copy at that price! (Not really, but it’s such a good sounding record (and my fav Wilco album).

View attachment 115071

I was watching YouTube vid about new AS pricing. Not good. They were talking about BIll E box $600 -> $900 A cool 50% increase.

I looked up Pet Sounds a few minutes ago @ 75 - 80 $$$.
That Pet Sounds was 60 like two weeks ago I swear. They also bumped up all the Norah Jones by 5 bucks... Except Come Away With Me which is like 15 up. Acoustic Sounds is wildin

That Pet Sounds was 60 like two weeks ago I swear. They also bumped up all the Norah Jones by 5 bucks... Except Come Away With Me which is like 15 up. Acoustic Sounds is wildin
They have jacked prices up to $75 on some titles when stock gets low for a long time now. Could be some of that too. Still dumb!

Music direct does the same for MoFi releases. The Bill Evans price hike really sucks. I kept putting off back ordering it. Didn’t think they would jack the price up by $300.
Don't worry, it will never show up. They don't do 200g anymore.

The AP price hikes will be the end of 45 as a viable audiophile format. Except for a very few, the price difference from 33 is no longer remotely justified. It seems to me that AP is putting emphasis on 33 now anyways.

Back