Definitive Audiophile pressings

I recently got the One step from Tower Records in Japan. Cost $168 (including fees) + $55 shipping to USA. Took about a week to arrive and was bit cheaper than discogs.

I got the Dylan One Step from Japan. Good price and well packaged, but does have a weird warp where the needle bounces up and down. It sounds so good I didn't send it back. But I think if I get anymore One Steps I'll probably only order direct from MofI

I got the Dylan One Step from Japan. Good price and well packaged, but does have a weird warp where the needle bounces up and down. It sounds so good I didn't send it back. But I think if I get anymore One Steps I'll probably only order direct from MofI

I got mine out of the twilight zone back when I was naive and unsuspecting. To be fair that transaction actually went through really well, it was my first buy from there…

I can at least give it a clean + listen for ya and let you know how that pressing sounds if ya want? I'd be shocked if it rivals the One Step though. The One Step is a top 5 (maybe top 3) sounding record in my collection.

And I think you're right--just seems like different sleeve to the other UK first pressing.

What do you have that sounds better than the Dylan One Step?

I got mine out of the twilight zone back when I was naive and unsuspecting. To be fair that transaction actually went through really well, it was my first buy from there…

I got out & got sucked back in. I ordered 2 in stock items a month or so ago :(

I got out & got sucked back in. I ordered 2 in stock items a month or so ago :(

After the fiasco with my last 2 and the fact that I’ve no confidence in his ability to take VAT of the price for international sales and then also declare the item properly I’m permanently out lol.

That is disappointing for sure. My Blood on tracks was well packed and arrived flat as could be. Just a small seam split and light scuffing on the LP2 jacket. Seems common that the LP2 jacket is beat up in the one steps. If you want to order from Mofi, you'll need to either order 8 months in advance like the Pearl one step or stalk them like a jealous ex-boyfriend for something like Jeff Beck.

What do you have that sounds better than the Dylan One Step?
Radiohead In Rainbows disk box is better IMO. I also REALLY like the 30th anniversary DSOTM. Mingus Ah Um One Step is a top 5.
Dylan One Step is really close to all of those though and probably on any given day I would swap it for any of the other titles as my favorite.

Has anyone heard any of the pressings from the Japanese Led Zeppelin Analog Series from 1992? I did a good amount of looking around and couldn't really find any talk about these but it doesn't seem like many people own them which could be a good or bad thing.

Following :)

Right after posting I got a bit more creative and searched around for the beginning catalogue name of all the releases "AMJY" and of course found a thread on the Hofffff forum with a little talk about it. Some people love them and others hate them 🙃 .. Seems like some at least agreed the detail is great but possibly the bass and treble is lacking compared to some of the best pressings? Honestly, like usual with those forums it was a back and forth of emotions and by the end of it i'm not sure I have any new preference whatsoever.

I was thinking of grabbing a copy of IV I found for a somewhat reasonable price so I might just hop on it and take the chance.

Right after posting I got a bit more creative and searched around for the beginning catalogue name of all the releases "AMJY" and of course found a thread on the Hofffff forum with a little talk about it. Some people love them and others hate them 🙃 .. Seems like some at least agreed the detail is great but possibly the bass and treble is lacking compared to some of the best pressings? Honestly, like usual with those forums it was a back and forth of emotions and by the end of it i'm not sure I have any new preference whatsoever.
1631061635787.png

I know one of you guys posted the youtube video of the George Benson collection that was acquired by Mike at the In Groove and he has now uploaded another that looks at some at the best finds in the collection. Seems like he is dropping a few on them on ebay and discogs.

Back