Definitive Audiophile pressings

I think the issue here, is this is a strictly zero identifiable contact black ops situation. If I were to remove the speakers my wife would definitely know I was up to something. I need to go in dark, identify the target, acquire them, and then move into the vitally important Shock and Awe phase of the operation.
Here's how this works.

Option 1: You tell the spouse that you are planning a new purchase of an expensive toy - speakers qualify. You get yelled at - you are selfish, you don't need new speakers, the money could be spent better on other things, etc. etc. Result - you have no choice but to back down. No new toy.

Option 2: You buy the speakers without telling the spouse in advance. You get yelled at - you are selfish, you don't need new speakers, the money could be spent better on other things, etc. etc. Result - same as Option 1, except you now have the new toy.

Here's how this works.

Option 1: You tell the spouse that you are planning a new purchase of an expensive toy - speakers qualify. You get yelled at - you are selfish, you don't need new speakers, the money could be spent better on other things, etc. etc. Result - you have no choice but to back down. No new toy.

Option 2: You buy the speakers without telling the spouse in advance. You get yelled at - you are selfish, you don't need new speakers, the money could be spent better on other things, etc. etc. Result - same as Option 1, except you now have the new toy.
Damn skippy.

Here's how this works.

Option 3: Stay single

If you repeat option 2 regularly, you will for sure get to Option 3 automatically, without any further effort required.
and have to give up half your shit (been there once) 🤗 but very happy and much better 2nd time

ps The key is to let them do their hobbies or what they want and you can usually get away with what you want within reason. When I made a sewing/crafts room I was almost home free :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
and have to give up half your shit (been there once) 🤗 but very happy and much better 2nd time
Yeah, so have I. And let me say - I lost half my shit, and was happier in the end. Happily married for 23 years now.

And learned along the way - all the audio equipment, vinyl, other toys - if it becomes an point of friction, cool it. I got off the audio equipment roller coaster long ago, it is just a road to eternal misery. And yes, it was causing friction. I may joke about it, but the truth is that if you have to sneak audio equipment in the house to avoid matrimonial angst, you are on the path I was on first time around.

Once I gave up on seeking the elusive, non-existent holy grail of audio equipment, I was liberated and happy. I still buy a TON of vinyl. My wife is into it too, and actually finds it a point of pride.

Always keep the priorities in life straight. When my wife was screaming at me that I was wasting money on yet another 'upgrade' she was right, and it was a warning sign.

only if your joining brother ? :ROFLMAO:
I would have to get married to get divorced. I have been in a committed relationship for about 15 years (we’ve lived together for 14 of those 15). The only way we would get married is if we decided to have kids and at this point neither of us have wants to go down that path.

Back