Definitive Audiophile pressings

Well my Sundazed copy of Bridge Over Troubled Water arrived today. Opened it to find….a beat up old pressing of it instead. Messaged them and they said they are trying their best and will see if the other copy that’s left is Sundazed.
Who do they think they are trying their best? Fat Possum Records?😂

Lot of people hate on Atlantic jazz recordings, I really love how the Coltrane Atlantic albums sounds though, love that punchy sound and booming bass, especially, on Giant Steps and Coltrane Jazz

Mingus, MJQ, Chris Connor, Ray Charles, MIlt Jackson, Ornette Coleman, and many others. There is a reason Tom Dowd recorded "every" session for Atlantic (jazz, soul, R&B, rock, or otherwise).

Anyone have the current Craft pressing of Big Star #1 Record and care to comment on audio quality please ? Much Obliged.

That’s the one I’m after but doesn’t pop up often in the US…I have the Zia records version and it sounds okay from what I remember but I don’t know that it’s the same as the Craft one

That’s the one I’m after but doesn’t pop up often in the US…I have the Zia records version and it sounds okay from what I remember but I don’t know that it’s the same as the Craft one
@JohnnyCashFan same, I have it, and it sounds great. Love playing it loud

this one uses the same Bellman stampers as the Classic Records version, but it comes in a flimsy jacket, not the stoughton tip-on. It's a little brighter with punchier drums, I like it a little better than the Craft, but the Craft is great too, more midrange and less bright

Amazon product ASIN B004WBIJU6

Yeah, it sounds wonderful, definitely recommend. The Craft Radio City as well.

@JohnnyCashFan same, I have it, and it sounds great. Love playing it loud
this one uses the same Bellman stampers as the Classic Records version, but it comes in a flimsy jacket, not the stoughton tip-on. It's a little brighter with punchier drums, I like it a little better than the Craft, but the Craft is great too, more midrange and less bright

You guys are great as always! Local has the latest Concord/Craft and delivers, sounds like that should be ok for me.

Ya sure this one is the Bellman stampers? I guess it’s a crap shoot with Amazon most of the time…

This should go live soon

This should go live soon
You grabbing?

You grabbing?
Not my cup of tea!

This should go live soon
Not a Jeff Beck fan myself but a Fun Fact…

Stevie Wonder had initially wrote “Superstition” as a trade for Beck playing guitar on Talking Book. Unfortunately (For Beck) his version was delayed and MoTown liked Wonder’s version so much they decided to put it out anyways and it went one to become a number one hit.

Ya sure this one is the Bellman stampers? I guess it’s a crap shoot with Amazon most of the time…

thats the one I ordered a few years ago and it’s matrix matched the Classic Clarity pressing by Bellman. I think Concord just used the Classic stampers for those.

this was the one I got: Big Star – #1 Record (2009, Vinyl)

Back