Definitive Audiophile pressings

Their reponse. They need to start sending their mailers with “We’re Not Trying Our Hardest” as a nod to Fat Possum.
View attachment 97490
I’m just not sure what Craft is supposed to do in this situation? It’s out of their control right now. This has happened to me with a bunch of different record retailers in the past year and the response is always the same. I understand it’s frustrating. Mine is delayed too. But I honestly don’t know what people want the response to be? I have even called USPS about packages stuck in limbo like this and the response is nothing can be done until it’s missing for 30+ days. I think it’s switched to 45 now with how badly backed up USPS is...

I think there's an argument to be made that with the now year long issues with media mail that 100 dollar records probably should be sent priority as a default option but yeah once it's in the USPS hands theres not much to be done

I think there's an argument to be made that with the now year long issues with media mail that 100 dollar records probably should be sent priority as a default option but yeah once it's in the USPS hands theres not much to be done
Priority was an option. People chose media mail (myself included). Every time I’ve seen places not even offer media mail, people get mad at the shipping prices but I completely understand why some companies are refusing to use media mail right now.

I’m just not sure what Craft is supposed to do in this situation? It’s out of their control right now. This has happened to me with a bunch of different record retailers in the past year and the response is always the same. I understand it’s frustrating. Mine is delayed too. But I honestly don’t know what people want the response to be? I have even called USPS about packages stuck in limbo like this and the response is nothing can be done until it’s missing for 30+ days. I think it’s switched to 45 now with how badly backed up USPS is...
I get it, it’s not their fault. However, I had a similar situation occur with a much less expensive record. Their CS contacted their local post office and found out what was going on. Again, this was a $30 record, but they did what they could to get to the bottom of it. I imagine Craft shipped using one post office, it probably wouldn’t take much for them to at least try to figure out what is going on for the potentially hundreds of us who are waiting for their $100 record.

Reactions: .Z.
I’m just not sure what Craft is supposed to do in this situation? It’s out of their control right now. This has happened to me with a bunch of different record retailers in the past year and the response is always the same.
In all of my buying and selling during the last year, and there’s been a lot, I’ve never seen this particular tracking message, let alone anything like it for 10 days. This is the facility Craft dropped them at (they distribute from IL).
1619755968719.png

In all of my buying and selling during the last year, and there’s been a lot, I’ve never seen this particular tracking message, let alone anything like it for 10 days. This is the facility Craft dropped them at (they distribute from IL).
View attachment 97497
I would that as meaning the shipping info has been submitted by the seller but USPS has not picked up the actual package yet

I get it, it’s not their fault. However, I had a similar situation occur with a much less expensive record. Their CS contacted their local post office and found out what was going on. Again, this was a $30 record, but they did what they could to get to the bottom of it. I imagine Craft shipped using one post office, it probably wouldn’t take much for them to at least try to figure out what is going on for the potentially hundreds of us who are waiting for their $100 record.
And what was going on with the $30 record? It just hadn’t gotten scanned and shipped yet because USPS was backed up?

I get that it’s frustrating but it’s not like they are lying to us. Media mail and USPS is awful right now at a lot of hubs and it often takes a month for me to get records from certain cities/geographic areas now. My Moses Sumney record from bandcamp took over 45 days to arrive last year. Next time I’m just going to upgrade the shipping on any more expensive albums.

Next time I’m just going to upgrade the shipping on any more expensive albums.
The sad part is that sometimes the upgrade takes just as long, let's just face the facts, the USPS is a mess right now and even Priority Delivery has strayed from it's turnaround time and everyone is leaning on the current shipping situation as the "excuse".

My only real complaint about all of this, is that sellers, retail or otherwise, need to do a better job of packaging their shipments since they seem to be spending more time in transit, which in turn increases the chances of them getting damaged. This, in my opinion, is the only thing the seller/retailer can really control and should be taking the proper steps to insure packages arrive intact.

View attachment 97497
I’ve had it a bunch of times. It means USPS has the package but it hasn’t gotten scanned/sorted yet. It happens with nearly every package I have gotten from Fat Beats. So it’s at the USPS facility and just sitting there until they make time to sort it. Media mail doesn’t get any priority over other mail.

The sad part is that sometimes the upgrade takes just as long, let's just face the facts, the USPS is a mess right now and even Priority Delivery has strayed from it's turnaround time and everyone is leaning on the current shipping situation as the "excuse".

My only real complaint about all of this, is that sellers, retail or otherwise, need to do a better job of packaging their shipments since they seem to be spending more time in transit, which in turn increases the chances of them getting damaged. This, in my opinion, is the only thing the seller/retailer can really control and should be taking the proper steps to insure packages arrive intact.
Supposedly craft was putting corner protectors on this batch but not everybody’s had them. I think more places are learning to package better hopefully. I do find myself ordering more from places that I KNOW pack well like Plaidroom

Supposedly craft was putting corner protectors on this batch but not everybody’s had them. I think more places are learning to package better hopefully. I do find myself ordering more from places that I KNOW pack well like Plaidroom
I would think that the companies who really look at their business can see the aggravation, cost and loss of business that comes with customer complaints, returns and so on associated with damaged packages.............it definitely behooves them to take the extra shipping precautions ;)

.............then you have Amazon ;)

View attachment 97497
I've never seen this message either in 10 years of buying and selling.

My understanding is, Craft took all the One Steps to the post office, and rather than having the USPS person scan every single package, Craft provided a scan sheet whereby USPS scans that sheet in, and all the package tracking numbers on that sheet become activated as "Accepted". Then they usually ship out the packages without rescanning and the tracking will not be rescanned until they hit their regional hub, if at all. So all these packages could be moving, or they are sitting in thr Fox Valley, IL post office, or they are slowly working them into the mail. I'm one state over from IL and Media Mail never takes 12+ days to arrive. @AnthonyI just sent me an album Media Mail from Illinois and it'll be here in 4 or 5 days. So right now, it's hard to say what's going on. It's frustrating, because I know these One Steps aren't packaged very well, based on the last one, so I'm just expected damage and the eventual repeat conversation with Misty at Customer Service.

Note to self: Use USPS Priority next time.

In the same boat waiting for the package from craft. People keep saying the Postal Service is a mess but I get things pretty fast here. Located in Los Angeles and I got a media mail package from South Carolina last week in just two days. I also mailed out a lot of records and it is very very rare for them to take longer than a week.

Back