Definitive Audiophile pressings

What are the odds these were both mastered by KG, but one not showing his initials in the deadwax?

The 2015 pressing obviously got copied from the 2010.
They are different pressings/masters. I have the true 2010 KG press with deadwax initials, and the 2015 press without, and they definitely sound different. KG punches up the drums a bit more, so it's a little more dynamic and dramatic. I can't tell any other differences though. I still think the 2015 sounds fantastic as well.

Unless the seller has confirmed KG in the deadwax, it's a total crapshoot

New Boom Boom and Smitty in the house! View attachment 95994

Oh, I'm jealous! That SRV is on my wantlist. I have the AP Texas Flood and Soul To Soul and they are absolutely fantastic.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the TH Boom Boom (with the mastering at least - I can't speak for the new rocktober repress since I have an older issue).

I believe someone here was asking about the new Rhino cut of George Benson - Breezin’ (maybe @MikeH ).

Don’t bother...only GZ coding in the runouts, meaning it is an in-house job. Also, my copy was severely edge-warped and will be headed straight back to Amazon. For the same money you should be able to pickup a clean MFSL or an original - both sound very good to me.

Hope that helps...

I believe someone here was asking about the new Rhino cut of George Benson - Breezin’ (maybe @MikeH ).

Don’t bother...only GZ coding in the runouts, meaning it is an in-house job. Also, my copy was severely edge-warped and will be headed straight back to Amazon. For the same money you should be able to pickup a clean MFSL or an original - both sound very good to me.

Hope that helps...
I believe it was @NathanRicaud !

Looking at how many are on eBay now for $300+, I think it will be a long time before I give Craft a second look on any of the D2C releases.
Currently, 34 are for sale and 64 have been sold on eBay, so, already, ~10% of the entire allocation is on eBay. Not surprising but unbelievable nonetheless.

Back