Definitive Audiophile pressings

Nick does not really care about fancy colours usually so there is just the regular pressings. That said Mute has always done a good job on his records. The European 2014 pressing of Boatman’s Call is a good place to start
I couldn't get into the studio albums back around the time when VMP did that boatman's call exclusive. I just thought ,oh, this isn't for me. Fast forward a few years later and a coworker who's a mad audiophile invited me over and played me Live at KCRW and it blew my mind. We even did an A/B with the CD and the LP is next level. Mastering on this is fantastic:

I still don't have any of his other albums nor did I really get into them but I love this one and picked it up.

Saw them quite cheap & got a £5 discount code, so ordered them both

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 22.49.15.png

I'm on the flip side, picked up Girlfriend and debating picking up 100% Fun, lol. Honestly, I grabbed GF to see how they did on the pressing, as far as albums go, I think you'd be hard pressed to say either of these are a secondary choice, I like them both.........you can even toss Altered Beast in there ;)
Sprung for Girlfriend. It's your turn, @AnthonyI. :D

Some Intervention Records news:

Sparkle and Fade, Joan Armatrading and White Light 180G LPs are all coming back in stock in the next week!

Also looks like Joe Jackson - Body and Soul is getting the IR 2x45 RPM treatment and Gene Clark - White Light should be on its way from them soon too.

Some Intervention Records news:

Sparkle and Fade, Joan Armatrading and White Light 180G LPs are all coming back in stock in the next week!

Also looks like Joe Jackson - Body and Soul is getting the IR 2x45 RPM treatment and Gene Clark - White Light should be on its way from them soon too.
Joan Armatrading and Sparkle and Fade are available for purchase now.

Bring back billy squier!

I knew about Joan since someone just mentioned it. Good to know that other titles have come back and others are on the way.

Shane from IR mentioned some things on SHF about how long the delay has gotten everywhere in the supply chain. He said Stoughton jackets used to take 4-6 weeks to get made. Now they take 4-6 months. Same with pressings— used to be 6-8 weeks now it’s 4-6 months. Seems hard to balance keeping things in stock with funding new projects for a smaller label like them. He mentioned that preorders are very very helpful for them right now.

Anyone know how long the 45rpm of Santana's first album has been listed as awaiting repress by MoFi? I'd like to pick that title up, but don't really want to wait 6 months for it.

Anyone know how long the 45rpm of Santana's first album has been listed as awaiting repress by MoFi? I'd like to pick that title up, but don't really want to wait 6 months for it.
wasn't it just repressed like a few weeks ago?

edit: yes it was repressed at the beginning of March!

oh. that sucks for me. guess i started searching for it a few weeks too late. thanks for your help!
I'd check in some local shops. You may be able to still grab a copy. I've found that shops usually get it 2 weeks or so after MoFi lists them. And check all the other usual suspects like Elusive Disc/Acoustic Sounds, etc.

I'd check in some local shops. You may be able to still grab a copy. I've found that shops usually get it 2 weeks or so after MoFi lists them. And check all the other usual suspects like Elusive Disc/Acoustic Sounds, etc.
Thanks. Yes, did that already.

Elusive Disc is out of stock, AS is backordered, Music Direct is awaiting repress, and my local shops don't really carry MoFi. One does, but they usually charge like $70 for the title, and they have no search function on their silly website.

Ahh well. Might just go with the MOV pressing if I can't find it.

Thanks. Yes, did that already.

Elusive Disc is out of stock, AS is backordered, Music Direct is awaiting repress, and my local shops don't really carry MoFi. One does, but they usually charge like $70 for the title, and they have no search function on their silly website.

Ahh well. Might just go with the MOV pressing if I can't find it.
If I see one somewhere I'll let ya know!

Back