Definitive Audiophile pressings

You won't be disappointed. Great label. Add this one to your want list. It's my favorite speakers corner release and is absolute fire.

View attachment 93405

Ann Peebles – Straight From The Heart (2017, 180g, Vinyl)
I own the VMP Fat Possum pressing of this and while not amazing it’s also not terrible. That being said, I own one of the recent reissues of Transformer and just ordered the SC of that so it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

Think this is somehow (stupidly) because of COVID since I have ordered a couple of the Dylan box sets from them in the past
I think they may have used that as an excuse if I remember correctly, which is ridiculous, especially since shipping to the US is apparently fine. I ended up getting Horses and Herbie Hancock - Flood from a Discogs seller in Europe since the JPC order didn’t work out.

For some reason JPC does not like my Canadian address. Every time I enter it into the website they reject it, so I am nervous to order from them.
If I remember correctly, they don't ship to Canada due to some strange COVID thing with DHL. I emailed them a while back about it I'm pretty sure. It's supposed to change but I just looked and Canada isn't even a shipping option although apparently they deliver to North Korea.

If I remember correctly, they don't ship to Canada due to some strange thing with DHL. I emailed them a while back about it I'm pretty sure. It's supposed to change but I just looked and Canada isn't even an option although apparently they deliver to North Korea.
Kim Jong Un...huge audiophile.

I’m not entirely sure! I’d probably go 180...but not 100% if there’s a difference of where it’s pressed versus the 140. I was kinda surprised that VMP was Pallas but bandcamp is RTI.
Local shop has the 140 for $10 less than the 180. Gonna take a swing at that. Keep you and anyone else interested posted!

Just got an email about this Armatrading album being back in stock at Intervention. Have to assume it lives up to their high quality standards.

Just got an email about this Armatrading album being back in stock at Intervention. Have to assume it lives up to their high quality standards.

Yes. Excellent. Pressing and sound top notch.

The Lou Reed SC is great. Still trying to find a Patti here in Canada but I might just bite the bullet and risk buying one from overseas

I ordered from JPC and got both SC release for around $65 US shipped. I have heard shipping can take a while but that everything is packaged well.

I ordered the last three SC's I got from Kaleidoscope-Music on Discogs (out of Germany) and it came out to CDN$50 each record shipped after factoring the exchange. It worked out well in the end. The records were packaged superbly too.

That was my order with Janis Joplin, From Elvis in Memphis and Elvin Jones. They seem to have a decent amount of SC's. Worth a look depending of what you guys are willing to pay.

EDIT: I just looked at their inventory and there are much fewer SC's compared to when I ordered... I swear it wasn't me depleting the stocks! Probably a good place to keep an eye on anyway as I'm sure they'll replenish.

Last edited:

Outstanding re-issue. Very definitely definitive.

With as much music as I listen to, I can’t say I’ve ever heard a single note by Joan Armatrading

Nick does not really care about fancy colours usually so there is just the regular pressings. That said Mute has always done a good job on his records. The European 2014 pressing of Boatman’s Call is a good place to start

Nick does not really care about fancy colours usually so there is just the regular pressings. That said Mute has always done a good job on his records. The European 2014 pressing of Boatman’s Call is a good place to start
Agreed, and that newer Idiot Prayer is fantastic at a fairly reasonable price.

I keep on wanting to buy & listen to some Nice Cave. I've always liked some of his songs, but dithered with the amount of albums. Any recommendations of great albums & great pressings?

I couldn't get into the studio albums back around the time when VMP did that boatman's call exclusive. I just thought ,oh, this isn't for me. Fast forward a few years later and a coworker who's a mad audiophile invited me over and played me Live at KCRW and it blew my mind. We even did an A/B with the CD and the LP is next level. Mastering on this is fantastic:

I still don't have any of his other albums nor did I really get into them but I love this one and picked it up.

Back