Definitive Audiophile pressings

Lush Life Craft one step arrived today. It’s my first experience with a one step press, and initial thought after a spin is, yeah, this sounds really, really good. Amongst the best sounding records I own, no question. However, compare it to say a Tone Poet, an affordable and excellent series - how much better is it, actually? 3-4x the price good? Like anything in this hobby, improvements become incremental the higher up the food chain you go. Very happy to have been able to get one of these, but don’t lose sleep/your mind if you missed it and go paying multiple times over retail - takeaway from my humble system, anyway!
I’m very happy to know it sounds excellent but yes, it’s so true what you’ve said! No need to kick yourself if you’ve missed out on this epic release; likely my favourite release of 2021! 😍🏆🥇

Might have to pick this one up...looks like a Big Daddy Kev cut.
Sounds excellent!

Edit: I've somehow picked up more Aretha albums than I knew I wanted. I'm sure there are more.

Last edited:
I think it was mentioned a ways back, but the original UK pressing is quite great. I love it. It sold a shit ton and it’s not super hard to find a good copy for $20-30. They don’t turn up a whole lot in the US though and that’s probably the case in Canada too. I’d be surprised if that didn’t get a reissue or repressing again soon though. I’d like to pick up the MoFi and Wilson mix too.

I doubt it will get another repress. It had a remaster in 2014 that is cheap & has good reviews on cogs. I think there have been a few represses using the same master, last year they had a picture disc.

Lush Life Craft one step arrived today. It’s my first experience with a one step press, and initial thought after a spin is, yeah, this sounds really, really good. Amongst the best sounding records I own, no question. However, compare it to say a Tone Poet, an affordable and excellent series - how much better is it, actually? 3-4x the price good? Like anything in this hobby, improvements become incremental the higher up the food chain you go. Very happy to have been able to get one of these, but don’t lose sleep/your mind if you missed it and go paying multiple times over retail - takeaway from my humble system, anyway!
Glad to hear it sounds good! Anxiously awaiting mine to arrive today. The biggest difference for me from the Tone Poets and the like is the noise floor on the One Steps. The ones I have are absolutely silent in quiet sections.

I have this on pre-order, cost more Ethan 18 Euro though. Talking of trying to get good OG copies, this is a great release if it's KG. The first re-issue since 1972. I really hope they do Spirit in the Dark.
Not really - there is a later Scorpio reissue that is best avoided. I hope this one isn't simply KG cutting the lacquer from the digital files, but sounds good regardless.

Might have to pick this one up...looks like a Big Daddy Kev cut.
I have one, but haven't listened to it yet. Such an affordable reissue seeing as I've been looking for a copy of the album for awhile.

Glad to hear it sounds good! Anxiously awaiting mine to arrive today. The biggest difference for me from the Tone Poets and the like is the noise floor on the One Steps. The ones I have are absolutely silent in quiet sections.
Absolutely. The background is virtually digital silent. It's wild.

I have this on order. Received Roots and American Today last week. Plan on spinning America Today this afternoon.
Just started side 2 of American Today and it sounds great. Big Kev comes through again.

I am amazed at how good so many of the Rhino re-issues have been from the last 5-10 years. Great prices for the quality

Back