Definitive Audiophile pressings

He is basically a bit of an odd fellow and he sells and charges for things that are out of stock and on back order awaiting repress. If your whole order is in stock you’re laughing, he dispatches it quickly and it’s well packaged. I’ve bought several mofis and grado cartridges that he’s had in stock and it had been almost the perfect experience.

If all, or even worse part, is pre or back order it’s a nightmare. You have to check his stock yourself to see it come back in, remind him and then enter the twilight zone of really random, and at times incomprehensible emails.

One item I wanted wasn’t available on vinyl anymore as it had been deleted, but he had the SACD. I took 3 weeks of barely understandable emails with links articles about the universal fire and various artists selling off their publishing before he agreed that I didn’t want the SACD instead, refunded me for that vinyl and sent the rest of the order.

Currently I’m trying to get the Oh Mercy and Pet Sounds out. In October I originally ordered that mofi and 33 mono, both were showing as in stock but were actually out. The Oh Mercy came back in and mofi have announced that they’re pressing no more so I emailed him saying cancel pet sounds it’s coming back at some point and send me oh mercy. He had the 45 mono pet sounds so I agreed to pay the extra to get it out. 3 weeks and several badly typed and barely comprehensible emails later and still nothing...
Honestly. I feel like an extra from Inception or Twin Peaks whenever I have to email him. Don't get me wrong. David Lynch does record buying is all good fun but trying to buy a copy of Candy-o by the cars has no right being a surrealist tour de force.

Honestly. I feel like an extra from Inception or Twin Peaks whenever I have to email him. Don't get me wrong. David Lynch does record buying is all good fun but trying to buy a copy of Candy-o by the cars has no right being a surrealist tour de force.
Okay now I gotta order something from this guy. This is all just too good to miss.

Or maybe you guys would cancel each other out??
See, this is what I'm thinking. Like, I'll order from him and in response receive the most eloquently worded email back... Everything will arrive within days in perfect condition, we'll laugh and talk, quote Jean Paul Sartre... It will be grand I tell you... GRAND...

Or more likely I'll be on a plane to the UK within the week with a large mallet, an address and bad intentions...

I'll send NightMather, as long as he has access to a steady supply of booze for the 9-10 hours of travel he should be good.
Yea I think NightMather has a puncher's chance.

200.gif

Poor NightMather, RIP...
Who am I kidding, if NightMather shows up there soused to the gills he'll likely be best friends with captain weirdo record seller within the first 15 minutes... You'll never see me again, I'll open up a smoke shop in Staines and never come home...

Who am I kidding, if NightMather shows up there soused to the gills he'll likely be best friends with captain weirdo record seller within the first 15 minutes... You'll never see me again, I'll open up a smoke shop over there and never come home...

Bring a bottle of buckfast in a brown paper bag and a deep fried Mars bar and you’ll be well along the way.

To be fair I think I’ve put through 7 orders. 5 like clockwork the other two were fucking insane and infuriating! The best negative review on trustpilot involved him and his son shouting expletives down the phone at the poor customer!

Who am I kidding, if NightMather shows up there soused to the gills he'll likely be best friends with captain weirdo record seller within the first 15 minutes... You'll never see me again, I'll open up a smoke shop in Staines and never come home...
This NightMather sounds eerily similar to this Jon Tabakin guy I know. You may want to check your crawl spaces, because it's quite possible he's made a permanent residence over there.

I must say the Speakers Corner Lou Reed-Transformer does indeed sound awesome, I can see why the rave reviews and quick sell-out time. That said my original US pressing is definitely superior sounding: brighter, more energetic lead guitar, punchier mid-range on the drums. The SC has more low end and more separation of things like the cowbell and backing vocals and the 2nd guitar, but lacks that midrange punch or bite on the high end of the OG. Very different sounding but still a REALLY good reissue.

Does anyone know the difference between "Awaiting Repress" (Bill Withers GH) and "Out of Stock" (Supertramp's Breakfast in America) at Music Direct?

Second question - I've heard lots of mixed results on the MOFI Breakfast in America - any opinions on if it's an upgrade from the MOV version?

Does anyone know the difference between "Awaiting Repress" (Bill Withers GH) and "Out of Stock" (Supertramp's Breakfast in America) at Music Direct?

Second question - I've heard lots of mixed results on the MOFI Breakfast in America - any opinions on if it's an upgrade from the MOV version?
That's a great question, and you forgot "Sold Out", which seems obvious, but wouldn't that be the same as Out of Stock?
...........I feel like they're leaving their options open, lol

Back