Definitive Audiophile pressings

Streamed it over the weekend. I enjoyed it more than anything Thom Yorke has done in a very, very long time. It's a winner. Also loved that while the arrangements are dense, the master isn't slammed. It's nice.
My vinyl copy is fine. In my experience a large amount of claimed 'no-fill' is simply error in anti-skate.

The hi-res version is still quite heavily bricked, the vinyl somewhat (but not entirely) less so, as a result is really a much better listen.

My vinyl copy is fine. In my experience a large amount of claimed 'no-fill' is simply error in anti-skate.

The hi-res version is still quite heavily bricked, the vinyl somewhat (but not entirely) less so, as a result is really a much better listen.
Only 2 tracks in.

First one was crackling more than I like. 2nd track is cleaner (also a really beautiful song). MRP blue pressing.

Edit: side B = Rice crispies. Gonna try to swap for a different copy. Side B is really bad.

Last edited:
This was a pretty good watch.
Bellman is a class act!

Key points for me:
At 25 mins, CB does talk about how he listens to originals and builds a mastering template from there. Taking notes on the good and bad.

Also, I would love to hear what he did with the VH cuts before EVH dialed his CB cuts back. Kind of sad but Eddie ran the show killing any bass bump.

At the end, Westman sets the stage for a future CB/KPG duel video for mastering chat. That would be absolutely nuts to see them talk shop and be a fly on the wall for it.

Any Canadian folks pick up the previous Craft One Steps? Wondering if we get crushed with duty and courier fees on these?
You know how it works.
If the sender places a value on the package, it will get hit with duties, taxes and maybe brokerage fees if sent by courier. No exceptions, automated. $20 threshold.
If sent by USPS, it may or may not depending on whether the package gets nailed by Canada Post. Hit or miss. Generally, items under $60 are ignored due to volume, but the threshold is actually $20.

You know how it works.
If the sender places a value on the package, it will get hit with duties, taxes and maybe brokerage fees if sent by courier. No exceptions, automated. $20 threshold.
If sent by USPS, it may or may not depending on whether the package gets nailed by Canada Post. Hit or miss. Generally, items under $60 are ignored due to volume, but the threshold is actually $20.
Yes this is why I'm asking. Because I've never ordered direct from Craft before so I do not know how they ship these One Step boxes cross border. If it's USPS, great. If it's literally anything else, not great

Yes this is why I'm asking. Because I've never ordered direct from Craft before so I do not know how they ship these One Step boxes cross border. If it's USPS, great. If it's literally anything else, not great
Another rule of thumb. USPS - if trackable, likelihood of being hit increases. If not, much more likely to escape the taxman.

I could be wrong but at least when checking out in the US they have a few options for shipping. Last time they had USPS, DHL and maybe one more?

Was listening to the KG cut a few nights ago, made it very obvious I would be wasting money getting a VMP copy. That thing rocks as is
VMP isn't doin electric warrior. Think they are doing self-titled.

I don't like 45s typically but go back and forth on if I like the MoFi or the KG cut better of Electric Warrior. So I keep one upstairs and one downstairs :ROFLMAO:

I could be wrong but at least when checking out in the US they have a few options for shipping. Last time they had USPS, DHL and maybe one more?
Yeah it's why I'm asking. There are two shipping options, both with no labels to explain what they are. One is $30 and one is $60, no other info anywhere on the site. If no Canadians chime in I'll just call them, but I don't necessarily trust that info being accurate speaking to a random rep on the phone.

Yeah it's why I'm asking. There are two shipping options, both with no labels to explain what they are. One is $30 and one is $60, no other info anywhere on the site. If no Canadians chime in I'll just call them, but I don't necessarily trust that info being accurate speaking to a random rep on the phone.

Is the isaac hayes already available?

I don't know why it would not be available at other retailers.
I know AS carriers the line.

Back