Definitive Audiophile pressings

Damn I was too slow. My old original door that one it is then. Need to get originals off the other albums

I just got one but it’s by standard post from Canada so if my PIFs from @Mather and crew up there are anything to go by I could be 86 by the time the dolphins manage to bring it over the ocean…

Damn I was too slow. My old original door that one it is then. Need to get originals off the other albums

If you’re looking for Candy-O JPC seem to have a few of the last copies of the MOFI that I’ve seen knocking about online too.

Does anyone have a copy of Isaac Hayes Hot Buttered Soul or Black Moses that they particularly like? I've got the HBS Craft pressing from a couple of years ago but I feel like this one could definitely be better. I know Mofi did HBS, anyone have an opinion on these two?

Does anyone have a copy of Isaac Hayes Hot Buttered Soul or Black Moses that they particularly like? I've got the HBS Craft pressing from a couple of years ago but I feel like this one could definitely be better. I know Mofi did HBS, anyone have an opinion on these two?
I have a craft HBS that was pressed at GZ. It’s okay.

I think you need to go to Japan

Says someone who doesn’t totally have €300 sat in a RCJP basket that he’s about to check out…

So the damage is…

Simon & Garfunkel - Concert In Central Park
Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning 3 AM
Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds Of Silence
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Bob Dylan - Empire Burlesque
Joni Mitchell - Chalk Mark In A Rain Storm
Herbert Von Karajan , Berlin Philharmonic ORCHESTRA - Beethoven Symphony No.9 In D Minor
Who - Live At Leeds
Who - Quadrophenia
Who - Who's Next
Paul & Linda Mccartney - Ram
Paul Mccartney - Unplugged - The Official Bootleg

So the damage is…

Janis Joplin - Pearl
Herbert Von Karajan , Berlin Philharmonic ORCHESTRA - Beethoven Symphony No.9 In D Minor
Who - Live At Leeds
Who - Quadrophenia
Who - Who's Next
I've got the JP OG Bookends and it's stellar. I expect a report back on this stuff.

So the damage is…

Janis Joplin - Pearl
Who - Live At Leeds
Who - Quadrophenia
Who - Who's Next
Yowza! That's a hefty haul! I have a parcel from them (3 LPs) arriving today.

i went on a bit of a Japan buying spree during the most recent blip of favorable USD/yen exchange rate (it’s now shifted the other way about 7%). The last batches, just in time given the exchange rate shift, are 3 from Record City yesterday. And CD Japan had a points promotion a couple weeks ago, and I already had a bunch of points w/ them, so I took advantage of that to pick up the 33rpm single-disc Kohsuke Mine that was previously reissued on 2x45rpm and also the mono “Jazz Analog Premium Collection” cuts of Coltrane Jazz and Coltrane’s Sound, which I’m sure are digitally sourced but I’m also confident will sound fantastic regardless. Those are on the way.

IMG_1805.jpeg

So the damage is…

Janis Joplin - Pearl
Who - Live At Leeds
Who - Quadrophenia
Who - Who's Next
I had a late 70s reissue of Who’s Next. It was disappointing. They replaced Moon’s drums with wet cardboard and Entwhistle was no where to be found.

I had a late 70s reissue of Who’s Next. It was disappointing. They replaced Moon’s drums with wet cardboard and Entwhistle was no where to be found.

All 3 are from 1980. Apparently that’s the best of the Japanese Who pressings from what I can glean. If they’re not great I’ll move them on again. They seem to hold their value.

Well their shipping, to here at least, rewards larger parcels. I find it miles better value to save up and do one big order a year (last one I did was March 2022) as opposed to 3 or 4 smaller ones with 3 or 4 records in them.
I agree w this, generally, but I usually try to have an “anchor” for each RCJP purchase — at least one item that’s the biggest catch to justify the shipping to begin with. I aggregate items in my cart and wish list for this purpose.

However, I’ve twice in the last year or so had one of those “anchors” bought out from under me, so I no longer wait as long or bundle as much as I’d like.

Back