Definitive Audiophile pressings

did a quick A/B with the MoFi Still Bill and an OG sterling cut. It's kinda the MoFi MO on this one--really "clean" sounding, almost to a fault. Pressing is fantastic though. Really low noise floor. I think the instruments sound more natural on the OG US pressing but Bill's voice can get a bid muddled sounding on it. Whereas his voice is a bit clearer and theres a bit more instrument separation on the MoFi, just sounds a bit TOO clean. I think people will be pretty happy with the MoFi though....need to sit with them a bit more. clean OGs will run ya about $40 I think these days.

did a quick A/B with the MoFi Still Bill and an OG sterling cut. It's kinda the MoFi MO on this one--really "clean" sounding, almost to a fault. Pressing is fantastic though. Really low noise floor. I think the instruments sound more natural on the OG US pressing but Bill's voice can get a bid muddled sounding on it. Whereas his voice is a bit clearer and theres a bit more instrument separation on the MoFi, just sounds a bit TOO clean. I think people will be pretty happy with the MoFi though....need to sit with them a bit more. clean OGs will run ya about $40 I think these days.

Thank you for your service.

I might have a couple drinks in me and just ordered both new rhino pressings.
Yup, super sober. View attachment 175365

my-man-rick-and-morty.gif

lookin-good-cartoons.gif

The new DG series is getting rave reviews. Next batch is up for preorder at target with a pretty substantial savings (at least on the 2LP)

Believe these are all limited to a few thousand copies

Is this Cars a must? I only have their greatest hits?
Sounds like it is a good pressing and would probably pick up a copy if I did not have a Canadian OG. copy. But the thing to remember with Cars albums is they were all extremely well recorded. Pretty much any OG copy of any Cars album will sound excellent.

Sounds like it is a good pressing and would probably pick up a copy if I did not have a Canadian OG. copy. But the thing to remember with Cars albums is they were all extremely well recorded. Pretty much any OG copy of any Cars album will sound excellent.
in all the reviews i've seen, people have said the new one is better than the OG, just not sure how MUCH better and if it's worth the price. i probably have an OG somewhere but not in great shape so I went in on this one. Haven't gotten mine yet though. Rhino's shipping and logistics are absolutely awful.

Back