Definitive Audiophile pressings

Soon the used bins will be bursting when everyone ditches their Victrolas and decide to funnel their expendable income elsewhere.
I went to my local yesterday and they probably had a dozen still sealed newer titles in their “used” recent arrivals bin. Like someone was collecting for artwork or something. They weren’t valuable titles but they were stuff I was happy to pick up for $10 a pop. That bin was practically bursting at the seams too .

I like 'vinyls', use it all the time!

Hoffman hates it and did a huge rant about it years back, so I use it all the time!
Vinyl is shorthand for vinyl records. You and everybody else can say vinyls if you want. It's nothing to get worked up about but in the same way that RBI stands for "Runs Batted In" and someone might says Tim Anderson had 4 RBIs last night It's incorrect in a redundant or superfluous sort of way.

Vinyl is shorthand for vinyl records. You and everybody else can say vinyls if you want. It's nothing to get worked up about but in the same way that RBI stands for "Runs Batted In" and someone might says Tim Anderson had 4 RBIs last night It's incorrect in a redundant or superfluous sort of way.

Also if you use the word vinyl outside of records its plural and singular are both vinyl the same way as, for example, sheep is both plural and singular.

Also if you use the word vinyl outside of records its plural and singular are both vinyl the same way as, for example, sheep is both plural and singular.
Not sure if this is the same for sheep, but when referring to more than one fish species, scientific literature uses "fishes". Multiple individuals of the same species is still "fish".

Fuck. I've talked baseball all my life and I never knew (or heard people use the acronym in a way that would lead me to question) that you aren't supposed to pluralize RBI. So that means there's no choice but to be grammatically incorrect when talking about someone who drove in only one run?

Fuck. I've talked baseball all my life and I never knew (or heard people use the acronym in a way that would lead me to question) that you aren't supposed to pluralize RBI. So that means there's no choice but to be grammatically incorrect when talking about someone who drove in only one run?
Yeah, "Run(s) Batted In" = RBI. it works both ways. So Luis Robert could hit in 1 RBI or 10 RBI but 10 RBIs would be like saying "Runs Batted Ins" which is awkward and redundant.

Back