December 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge: The Intergalactic Mixtape Dance-Off!

Here is my 31 track mixtape…

*Please Note: Jim O’Rourke’s Drag City albums are missing from Spotify, as a replacement I added O’Rourke’s cover of the Spice Girls classic, “Viva Forever” as a worthy replacement.

Nice flow! Pretty smooth transitions with some twists like Kraftwerk and Motorhead. A couple fun discoveries I'm going to steal for my own lists in there. Sloppy Joe & The Cruise is a blast. Love how the Yachtiness keeps creeping up throughout ;) .

Day 31 – The Final Countdown
It's the final countdown, the final countdown. The final countdown (final countdown). (Oh) Oh.
To close out the year, play an album with a track that you feel is a great mixtape/playlist closer.

The Joggers - Solid Guild
Song: “Back To The Future”

60272A61-DE29-439D-B7A9-E53C4527E6A8.jpeg

Happy New Years, everyone!

It's the final countdown, the final countdown. The final countdown (final countdown). (Oh) Oh.
To close out the year, play an album with a track that you feel is a great mixtape/playlist closer.

The Joggers - Solid Guild
Song: “Back To The Future”

View attachment 162635

Happy New Years, everyone!

Hey, I’ve gotta copy of this in my ‘recent additions’ pile! #SecretSanta2022

Thanks for a great month, @Turbo ! This was a lot of fun.

And to the rest of you, thank you for such a fun year. These threads are easily my favorite corner of this community. You are all my best friends. 😉

PS: I had to remove some songs to fit into 90 minutes. As much as I love Benny Carter, it didn’t fit well with the predominantly alternative/rock selections

Last edited:
Day 28 – (Don’t Fear) The Reaper
Come on, baby (don't fear the reaper). Baby, take my hand (don't fear the reaper). We'll be able to fly (don't fear the reaper). Baby, I'm your man.
Play something heavy.

Cave In - Heavy Pendulum

This one fits the bill in name, style, and substance.

Screenshot_20221231-144645.png

Day 30 – Holding Out For A Hero
I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light. He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon,
and he's gotta be larger than life.

Play your favorite album of 2022.

Spoon - Lucifer On The Sofa

ABEFED04-C0A9-4253-813D-F7EAA279535C.jpeg

Pairing together 2 tracks for a long 15 minute fadeout to 2022. The one-two punch of Beth Orton on Where Do I Begin segueing into The Private Psychedelic Reel is a one of those listening experiences that doesn't feel anywhere close to it's run time, and is a fantastic fade-out track.

Chemical Brothers ~ Dig Your Own Hole

1672529462939.png

Back