Cute Animal Thread

We’ve been meaning to get a dna test on our rescue for the last 4+ years we’ve had her. Our suspicion was schnauzer/husky; we’ve even had strangers stop us to guess as much.
IMG_7206.jpeg
IMG_1004.jpeg
IMG_3207.jpeg

So color us surprised when the results came back: she’s half Siberian husky, half poodle. Which lines up, but is an utter surprise.

We’ve been meaning to get a dna test on our rescue for the last 4+ years we’ve had her. Our suspicion was schnauzer/husky; we’ve even had strangers stop us to guess as much.
View attachment 197650
View attachment 197651
View attachment 197652

So color us surprised when the results came back: she’s half Siberian husky, half poodle. Which lines up, but is an utter surprise.
Yea, those tests can be a fun surprise. My dog, when adopted, was told to the person who adopted her that she was a border collie/lab breed, and, if my memory serves me, actually from a breeder of that dog type. And, looking at her, you would buy it. It wasn't till years later we got her DNA done and......zero border collie and only 12.5% lab.

Otherwise, she is 37.5% german shorthaired pointer and then 12.5% everything else: chesapeake bay retriever, lab, rhodesian ridgeback, siberian husky and then, seemingly, Wisdom Panel lost interest and the last 12.5% is just "Breed Group(s): Sporting, Hound, Terrier, Herding".

Last edited:
i cannot stop laughing at this

gVnagVy.gif

(not mine, i just found it browsing online)

Back