Cute Animal Thread

They both are quite sweet.

This past weekend we saw that three 8 week old kittens were available for adoption at PAWS Cat City in Seattle so we headed over and got their right before they opened. A woman beat us there and she adopted their sister. When we went in to meet them their sister was still in the room with them and she was super outgoing but we knew she was adopted already so we ignored her. These two were hiding together under some cat furniture in the corner but were fairly easy to coax out. Problem was their sister must have been the alpha in the litter because once she saw we were giving attention to them instead of her she got pissy and would hiss and chase the pair away. We knew we were gonna adopt two but it turned out to be a blessing that the other kitten was already adopted because, given her outgoing nature, we probably woulda adopted her and the grey tabby and woulda likely ran roughshod over her. Turns out the black boy kitten and her are much more on an equal level. He is a little bit bigger but is also a tiny bit more reserved and needy than his sister. She is much more independent and completely fearless but they are both very friendly and affectionate overall and they are on an equal playing field when they are wrestling about.

Going from a very mellow senior cat to two wild eye kittens always chasing each other about and getting into everything but it’s been a nice change of pace. We are really enjoy having them around.
when we adopted our cat 4 years ago there was another tuxedo cat that we really liked but didn't know the process at the humane society at the time. the person working there told us to stop by the next day right when they opened so we'd have a chance to adopt. This was at the end of their open hours so there wasn't enough time to adopt that day. So, we get there like 2 minutes before open the following day and there was a line of like 5 people there ready to adopt. It was for dogs and a few other cats, but of course there was another lady who was there for the cat we were interested in. So we missed out. We go in and look around at some other cats but decide we'll just wait for something else.

A week later I see a listing on their website for our cat and decide to get in there ASAP to see her. We liked her and quickly decided we wanted to adopt. Paperwork and whatnot are underway. On our way out we see another family interacting with her and see a little girl ask one of the staff if she’s available. If we were a few minutes late we’d have missed out again. It’s crazy.

IMG_9129.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg

when we adopted our cat 4 years ago there was another tuxedo cat that we really liked but didn't know the process at the humane society at the time. the person working there told us to stop by the next day right when they opened so we'd have a chance to adopt. This was at the end of their open hours so there wasn't enough time to adopt that day. So, we get there like 2 minutes before open the following day and there was a line of like 5 people there ready to adopt. It was for dogs and a few other cats, but of course there was another lady who was there for the cat we were interested in. So we missed out. We go in and look around at some other cats but decide we'll just wait for something else.

A week later I see a listing on their website for our cat and decide to get in there ASAP to see her. We liked her and quickly decided we wanted to adopt. Paperwork and whatnot are underway. On our way out we see another family interacting with her and see a little girl ask one of the staff if she’s available. If we were a few minutes late we’d have missed out again. It’s crazy.

View attachment 174088

View attachment 174090
What a beauty

View attachment 174088

View attachment 174090

I haven't had to chance yet to foster any kittens this year, but I’m currently babysitting a coworker’s cat. His name is JiJi (after a Studio Ghibli character) he’s about 3 yrs old, and he’s such a sweetie. 🥰

1st meeting he didn't want me touching him directly, but using a back scratcher was ok.
BFF79A0E-EA92-43D8-9380-AE0D41A80F56.jpeg

He’s a little shy...
593B4E1D-9C26-4F95-B629-8AA59273D838.jpeg

... but clearly a lover.
6F17F1AF-5934-434E-9F0F-09FC7FEA00CF.jpeg

By the 3rd day he was sitting in my lap! Never had a new cat warm up so quickly! 😍
933CD678-4F8E-43D2-B19D-D4A784E1FFE8.jpeg

Archie and JiJi exchanged curious sniffs
73B640D8-9A52-41C1-82B8-6C495C31BF40.jpeg

So handsome! 💜
1A319CC7-5849-4C67-8EE0-03AE925593C7.jpeg

Attachments

• DF666F34-8093-46D4-9B68-C0594C5FB5AC.jpeg
    DF666F34-8093-46D4-9B68-C0594C5FB5AC.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 0
  • E7041AC3-E6BB-4D8F-AA91-5FF5394BC61B.jpeg
    E7041AC3-E6BB-4D8F-AA91-5FF5394BC61B.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 0
On Friday I got to bring Butters to work while most of leadership was out of the office. She was very popular and got all the pets and treats! Some shenanigans might have occurred! ☺️

She wore a referee shirt
IMG_9752.jpeg

She was embarrassed about wearing the lion’s mane in front of my coworkers.
IMG_2153.jpeg

Sitting pretty while waiting to play fetch.
IMG_2152.jpeg

Last edited:
My Dad had a night with me in Dublin on Thursday before he got the Friday morning ferry back to England. Meant I got a visit from my pal. The second photo she wouldn’t look at me because she was in a sulk because me and my dad went to the pub for dinner and she had to stay behind.

IMG_6262.jpegIMG_6263.jpeg

Back