Cute Animal Thread

Somebody try to talk me out of adopting this dog.

I mean come on, look at that face!

No, adopt a new best buddy!

No, adopt a new best buddy!
The kid are already on board. I think I just need to convince the wife.

We had a dog before the kids, but it was more of a long-term (3 years) foster situation of my brother-in-law's dog while he was living in Argentina. I think I can convince her, because she really did love Bayla. Just reading the bio of Ida, she seems like such sweetheart.

I’m also team Adopt Ida! 😍 Based on her bio and cute face she sounds like she would make a great addition to a kind family!

It may not be blatantly obvious at the moment, but I guarantee y'all need Ida just as much as she needs you.

She looks a lot like Goose, our son's rescue lab mix he adopted a few years ago. Now they rule the world...

IMG_3449.jpg

I love that grey tabby, she looks so sweet.
They both are quite sweet.

This past weekend we saw that three 8 week old kittens were available for adoption at PAWS Cat City in Seattle so we headed over and got their right before they opened. A woman beat us there and she adopted their sister. When we went in to meet them their sister was still in the room with them and she was super outgoing but we knew she was adopted already so we ignored her. These two were hiding together under some cat furniture in the corner but were fairly easy to coax out. Problem was their sister must have been the alpha in the litter because once she saw we were giving attention to them instead of her she got pissy and would hiss and chase the pair away. We knew we were gonna adopt two but it turned out to be a blessing that the other kitten was already adopted because, given her outgoing nature, we probably woulda adopted her and the grey tabby and she woulda likely ran roughshod over her. Turns out the black boy kitten and her are much more on an equal level. He is a little bit bigger but is also a tiny bit more reserved and needy than his sister. She is much more independent and completely fearless but they are both very friendly and affectionate overall and they are on an equal playing field when they are wrestling about.

Going from a very mellow senior cat to two wild eye kittens always chasing each other about and getting into everything has been a nice change of pace. We are really enjoy having them around.

Last edited:
Back