Cute Animal Thread

I don't think I've posted pics of all of my animals, but my house has been full for a long time. 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, and a rotating door of foster kittens.

My wife and I are separating. It is amicable (I say to myself that we're having such a mature, modern divocrce), but still sad. We love one another, but, I guess, just aren't made for one another.

She is moving into her own place with all of the animals but one. I don't care about the guinea pigs; in fact, I'll be happy to see them go. And, while the cats are pretty awesome (one is mostly blind - we think he just sees shadows and goes sniffing and Stevie Wondering it around the house; the other drools and purrs like a motor everytime you pet her), I am more of a dog person and won't mind not having litter boxes in the house.

The dog that is staying with me, Pepper, is the first animal I really, really love. I didn't grow up with animals (unless you count hamsters...but, really, you don't). My wife used to be a vet tech and the love of animals came with the relationship. She had Pepper two years before meeting me, but she recognizes the bond between us. She's my shadow sometimes and all up in my shit, but she is also independent, brave, and fearless (except fireworks and thunder - only thing I've seen scare her). She bonds through play and damn if we don't get down. I wrestle her on the floor and she hooks her K-9s behind my fist 'cause...who need a tug toy when you have meaty flesh?

But the other two dogs...I'm gonna miss them something fierce. Well, the chihuahua...she's a self-serving devil; but, yeah, I'll still miss her. The pitty mix though...that's gonna kill me. He's a little love bug. We've had him since he was an 8-week old, emaciated stray running the streets. He's five now. He loves me. But he is OBSESSED with her (like wear her like a skin suit kind of obsessed). And I have to respect that. The chihuahua goes with him because they're a team (read: he's her pillow and chew toy/prison bitch; she only tolerates the other female). I'm getting as many kisses from him now as I can; straight up make-out sessions. Yes, I let my dogs kiss me on the mouth - don't judge me!

Anyway, no pictures this time. Just wanted to express how much love I've found with animals, and how much I am going to miss them. Also, pitbulls are awesome. If you have a pitbull then you know, and hug them close.

I don't think I've posted pics of all of my animals, but my house has been full for a long time. 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, and a rotating door of foster kittens.

My wife and I are separating. It is amicable (I say to myself that we're having such a mature, modern divocrce), but still sad. We love one another, but, I guess, just aren't made for one another.

She is moving into her own place with all of the animals but one. I don't care about the guinea pigs; in fact, I'll be happy to see them go. And, while the cats are pretty awesome (one is mostly blind - we think he just sees shadows and goes sniffing and Stevie Wondering it around the house; the other drools and purrs like a motor everytime you pet her), I am more of a dog person and won't mind not having litter boxes in the house.

The dog that is staying with me, Pepper, is the first animal I really, really love. I didn't grow up with animals (unless you count hamsters...but, really, you don't). My wife used to be a vet tech and the love of animals came with the relationship. She had Pepper two years before meeting me, but she recognizes the bond between us. She's my shadow sometimes and all up in my shit, but she is also independent, brave, and fearless (except fireworks and thunder - only thing I've seen scare her). She bonds through play and damn if we don't get down. I wrestle her on the floor and she hooks her K-9s behind my fist 'cause...who need a tug toy when you have meaty flesh?

But the other two dogs...I'm gonna miss them something fierce. Well, the chihuahua...she's a self-serving devil; but, yeah, I'll still miss her. The pitty mix though...that's gonna kill me. He's a little love bug. We've had him since he was an 8-week old, emaciated stray running the streets. He's five now. He loves me. But he is OBSESSED with her (like wear her like a skin suit kind of obsessed). And I have to respect that. The chihuahua goes with him because they're a team (read: he's her pillow and chew toy/prison bitch; she only tolerates the other female). I'm getting as many kisses from him now as I can; straight up make-out sessions. Yes, I let my dogs kiss me on the mouth - don't judge me!

Anyway, no pictures this time. Just wanted to express how much love I've found with animals, and how much I am going to miss them. Also, pitbulls are awesome. If you have a pitbull then you know, and hug them close.
Animals are unconditional love. They are the best and we don't deserve them and we should not treat them the way too many animals are treated.

I am so sorry you are going through a divorce, even if it is amicable, that's still a loss. And that you are going to be separated from pets you love. If it is right for you all, maybe you can still see them.

Pits are lovable goofs. My parents have one, Frank, he's the first I've spent that much time with. He would never hurt a soul. He just constantly wags his tail, leans into you for pets and brings you his toys for you to throw. He's so protective of my mom, in a gentle way, not an aggressive way. It's quite cute because my dad is the one that took him to obedience class and trains him. He listens to my dad but is attached to my mom.

Hugs to you!!!

Back