Criterion Club

They have these 50% sales seemingly quarterly, definitely yearly, so is there any reason to ever pay full price? If not here then at Barnes and Noble or some other outlet. Amazon also seems to carry at 50% off. Similar to how Sleeve City always has a holiday code.
Criterion has a 50% off flash sale twice a year (a Tuesday in late Feb/Mar and late Sep/Oct) as well as a 30% off sale in Dec and B&N has a sale in July and November. Amazon i think price matches the B&N sales. So there's plenty of opportunity, in the US, to expand your Criterion Collection...collection. Buying at "full price" occasionally also helps Criterion to add bigger titles and more special features in the future.

Last edited:
Definitely picking up After Hours as well. Hopefully The Color Of Money and Bringing Out The Dead won't be too far behind.

I'll most likely pick up One False Move and maybe The Watermelon Woman.

Got a Budd Boetticher box-set from Powerhouse Films (UK) so i need to check if it's the same movies in both sets before considering. Got the UK version of Breathless on 4K so most likely will skip that one.

Definitely picking up After Hours as well. Hopefully The Color Of Money and Bringing Out The Dead won't be too far behind.

I'll most likely pick up One False Move and maybe The Watermelon Woman.

Got a Budd Boetticher box-set from Powerhouse Films (UK) so i need to check if it's the same movies in both sets before considering. Got the UK version of Breathless on 4K so most likely will skip that one.
I think the Venn diagram is a perfect circle (the five Randolph Scott collabs). After seeing those I finally understood this Blazing Saddles joke:

Same. I think I saw somewhere that Color of Money is owned by Disney, so could be hard to swing, but would absolutely love this.
Yeah, the original blu-ray came out on the Disney/Buena Vista label but the PQ on that one is trash. I don’t think Disney cares too much about the title and they already have a relationship with Criterion through the Wes Anderson collection and Pixar so hopefully they let Criterion release it.

With the Criterion Channel streaming service, I find myself picking up fewer titles lately. It’s rare that they release something I want that’s not available there. IIRC, Last Picture Show just left, so I might pick that up.
Yeah. I mainly pick up movies I love by directors I love. For example, Marty is my favorite director, so After Hours and Mean Streets are instabuys

Back