Criterion Club

Spine #1000 is a MF Godzilla boxset!

That’s one monster of a set!

😳

Really shouldn't be spending anything till I get a few more invoices filled, but I couldn't resist!

A couple days late but I’ll have my pick later today. I had to suspend my Channel subscription due to finances, but I will try to keep up using Kanopy.

This week I'm going with a stone-cold classic. We've already had a Demy film, but I just love this one so much and everyone should watch it.

UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG

54jsgIkwxW7xeffQC6eVc1r7gFmQKe_large.jpg

“Later tonight” turned into “tomorrow morning”

oops

So last year, I began watching Charlie Chaplin films. I got through four of his stone cold classics: The Kid, The Gold Rush, City Lights, and Modern Times. I loved every single one of them. I fell in love with his mixture of perfectly choreographed physical comedy, genuine satire free of mean cynicism, and deep emotional stakes to each story. If I had kept watching, I would have gotten to my pick for this week...

vXGRSHfxnPK2QJWGktLO8RGaEpvP1H_large.jpg

Many consider The Great Dictator to be Chaplin’s masterpiece. And his most biting commentary on the world around us. I’m pumped to check it out.

I'd like to get in on the weekly watch/discussion! When should I watch Umbrellas by to get in on the fun?
Whenever you want! It’s an open discussion of all past picks, I’d say. I love Umbrellas of Cherbourg, so I’d say watch it soon just for your own sake. It’s such a wonderful film.

Is @ayayrawn up to pick?

Whenever you want! It’s an open discussion of all past picks, I’d say. I love Umbrellas of Cherbourg, so I’d say watch it soon just for your own sake. It’s such a wonderful film.

Is @ayayrawn up to pick?
Someone else who hasn't picked is welcome to do so! I'm a pleb and haven't kept up.

Back