Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

As to Weathervanes, it isn’t as raw or personal as Reunions (and Reunions is what really turned me from a fan to a FAN), I think Weathervanes is his most polished and mature work. Reunions and Weathervanes reflect a lot of where I am and hit me different than any other music.

One of the better lists I’ve seen. Especially happy to see the albums from Graves and Fust on here as I haven’t seen those mentioned often enough.

As to Weathervanes, it isn’t as raw or personal as Reunions (and Reunions is what really turned me from a fan to a FAN), I think Weathervanes is his most polished and mature work. Reunions and Weathervanes reflect a lot of where I am and hit me different than any other music.
Giving it a thorough listening now. It's definitely a more polished and 'completed' work than Reunions. I feel like side three is a climax and side four is almost a descent from the build up of the rest of the songs. Honestly, after listening to the first three sides it felt like it should have ended there.

View attachment 192090
Why didn't we talk about this more? This is really good.

Dylan is my second favorite of the Arkansas boys behind Willi Carlisle, but Dylan has the best voice of them all. I can't get into Nick Shoulders at all for whatever reason. It is my understanding that Dylan may have another album coming out this year.

Also if you want to continue digging into the Arkansas scene and the Gar Hole Records family, Bonnie Montgomery put out a solid album last year as well.

New John Craigie album out today with TK & The Holy Know Nothings as his band.

Sound great. It's also the ROTM over at Heady Wax Fiends...with a cool hype sticker, especially for Portland folks...

419363294_3812574868970449_3191819896790783083_n.jpg

Last edited:
I really like everything John Moreland is doing right now. He put up a Turnpike cover on his IG that was just really nice. I don’t understand the head tats, but that’s his bidniss.
Moreland is my favorite songwriter at the moment, I’m really excited for whatever he does next.

I have multiple tattoos from the artist that did his noggin tats. We always talk Moreland’s music whenever I get work done from him.

Moreland is my favorite songwriter at the moment, I’m really excited for whatever he does next.

I have multiple tattoos from the artist that did his noggin tats. We always talk Moreland’s music whenever I get work done from him.
100% agree. I’m all for these young bucks burning hot n’ fast selling out stadiums, but Moreland feels like a craftsman.

As long as those needles don’t go to deep and screw up his songwriting, he csn go the full Bam Bam Bigelow.

I’ve always loved Moreland, but unfortunately I didn’t like that last album he did at all. Thought it was very forgettable and some of it was even down right bad, the songwriting was still there but I just didn’t think the sound really suited him. But agree, Ive really been enjoying him on IG lately and will always look forward to new music from him.

Back