Continental European members

What happens when you by from discogs they automatically charge the vat. Are you expected to pay import fees + carrier surcharges again? Surely not. Still haven't ordered outside of Europe since the change so I was curious how that works...

I see them adding VAT in my cart already.

What happens when you by from discogs they automatically charge the vat. Are you expected to pay import fees + carrier surcharges again? Surely not. Still haven't ordered outside of Europe since the change so I was curious how that works...

I think youre fine after that

Yeah the seller is supposed to put the Discogs VAT receipt in one of those document thingys on the outside of the parcel and customs can see that the VAT has been paid.

I think youre fine after that

Yeah the seller is supposed to put the Discogs VAT receipt in one of those document thingys on the outside of the parcel and customs can see that the VAT has been paid.

I think that's actually decent then. I think paying VAT is fair and if it helps to avoid the Carrier charge then it's ok.

UK stores like Juno already add on the vat as well so probably same thing like discogs then and probably safe to order from them

I think that's actually decent then. I think paying VAT is fair and if it helps to avoid the Carrier charge then it's ok.

UK stores like Juno already add on the vat as well so probably same thing like discogs then and probably safe to order from them
Yes, I ordered from pop market on their deal for the joni boxset and they did this as well. Came in without problems. It's those that don't collect VAT like secretly where the dhl brokerage fee hit

@Jan , were you able to pay the handling fee + customs charge directly when the DHL driver came ?
i always got notifications in the letter box, that i could not be reached, eventhough i was at home at the "attempted" delivery time.

also im afraid this is another PIF from the Uk that im being charged for this time.

@Jan , were you able to pay the handling fee + customs charge directly when the DHL driver came ?
i always got notifications in the letter box, that i could not be reached, eventhough i was at home at the "attempted" delivery time.

also im afraid this is another PIF from the Uk that im being charged for
Yes,, a couple of times I could pay the drivers directly but they don't get change from dhl and have no card reader. So you have to have the exact amount or a driver who changes from his personal purse

Is there no such thing as free gifts from the UK anymore or am i just out of luck ?
I dont have that problem with stuff from the USA or Canada. Never had to pay when it was marked as a gift. This is the second of two UK PIFs that i had to pay for sind July 1st.

PXL_20210901_134601942~2.jpgPXL_20210901_134622844~3.jpg

Is there no such thing as free gifts from the UK anymore or am i just out of luck ?
I dont have that problem with stuff from the USA or Canada. Never had to pay when it was marked as a gift. This is the second of two UK PIFs that i had to pay for sind July 1st.

View attachment 110699View attachment 110700
Such things as gifts should depend on the rules where you receive it eg Germany. Here in Norway it is a trick, particularly with Amazon, to get a higher customs-free total (it's about €35 normally without VAT, but about €100 if declared as a gift). But Norway is outside the customs union so for instance Discogs doesn't seem to add VAT for here (although Ebay and Amazon now do). In short, it's a real pain. But it's worth sitting down with the customs rules to understand what is allowed and what's not. (I still maintain used records should attract no VAT or tolls)

PS Edit - this suggests that you should be OK up to €45 so I'd complain Gifts

View attachment 110699View attachment 110700

Same thing happened to me. Finally made my first purchase from a UK store, it's a really small label and they know me so they agreed to mark it as a gift and just put the value as 5€.

Got hit with a 6€ DHL fee plus 1€ Zoll charge. I guess they're even applying it to gifts so I'm not sure what that means for PIFs now.

so i bought a record on discogs from an US seller and paid 15$ EU Vat through discogs ... the parcel arrived , i got the letter to pick it up and pay 6€ DHL fee and a couple of € for VAT or so . DHL must be makin some good money with those 6€ fees. will report back tomorrow , i dont expect to have much luck dealing with DHL and explaining them that i allready paid VAT for this.
gotta wait to see what value the seller declared though.

Hey! Just wondering! Anyone have an Arctic Monkeys presale code that they aren’t using? I’d be eternally grateful

Hey everyone,

Im heading to Rotterdam and Eindhoven this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for record shops or markets etc where i can go digging for stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

Im heading to Rotterdam and Eindhoven this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for record shops or markets etc where i can go digging for stuff?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
No experience myself but this one sounds solid.

Hope you have a good time, i always enjoy strolling through dutch cities.

Hi,
No experience myself but this one sounds solid.

Hope you have a good time, i always enjoy strolling through dutch cities.
Cheer mate!

Really looking forward to getting out there to dig for some records! Will report back on findings next week!

Any Parisians here that care to recommend me some great dinner and cocktail spots around the 11th Arrondissement? :D, here for the next 12 days and looking to get some local recs!

Any Parisians here that care to recommend me some great dinner and cocktail spots around the 11th Arrondissement? :D, here for the next 12 days and looking to get some local recs!

You should try Bambino (to mix food and music), Oxymore (for pizzas), Yoru (for Japanese food) and La Fine Mousse (if you like beers). They have a bar and a restaurant, food is great and you can mix with wonderful beers. For a drink try le Perchoir and enjoy the view.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for record clubs located within the EU - since Wax Buyers Club is no more and Loves Vinyl seems to be out of business, too I'm running out of options. Do you have any recommendations?

Back