Continental European members

anyone been hit by the new EU customs rules yet ?

i have four records, that i ordered in June, being held in customs right now.
they happened to arrive here on July 1st , the day they got rid of the 22€ rule.
parcels came from Switzerland.

anyone been hit by the new EU customs rules yet ?

i have four records, that i ordered in June, being held in customs right now.
they happened to arrive here on July 1st , the day they got rid of the 22€ rule.
parcels came from Switzerland.

Nothing yet but all my most recent orders are EU except Amazon Japan (taxes paid upfront) and my Cherry Tree membership gift (I have to pick up the package). I am a bit concernet with thr RCM I ordered through Kickstarter.

To be honest I didn't even thought about these new rules. We'll see if it ends being the deal we all expected to be.
I mean that i expected costs on top of the price of that RCM regardless of new rules.

Im probably done ordering from places like Dodax..

Just noticing this conversation now. The removal of the €22 is some bullshit. Thankfully good old incompetent An Post let my first post 1/7 delivery from the U.K. though without charge…

Yeah given the price of the RCM I had kinda expect customs charges on it regardless because it was over €22 anyway, well unless it came through An Post and slipped through their net again…

Last edited:
Just noticing this conversation now. The removal of the €22 is some bullshit. Thankfully good old incompetent An Post let my first post 1/7 delivery from the U.K. though without charge…

Yeah given the price of the RCM I had kinda expect customs charges on it regardless because it was over €22 anyway, well unless it came through An Post and slipped through their net again…
yes, indeed. plus these used to then wait at customs in berlin for me to pick up, which was annoying but not expensive. Now, whatever the VAt charged is, DHL will add a 6€ service fee.
Which mens there could be 10€ slapped on for every secretly society release for instance. That would probably kill all non-Eu clubs for me,

Ayes, indeed. plus these used to then wait at customs in berlin for me to pick up, which was annoying but not expensive. Now, whatever the VAt charged is, DHL will add a 6€ service fee.
Which mens there could be 10€ slapped on for every secretly society release for instance. That would probably kill all non-Eu clubs for me,

Yeah I’m in the middle of a bastard drama right now! I got a record from the UK pre 1/7 that attracted zero charges. Warped as fuck. They sent out a replacement but declared it as a sale of goods the idiots. They’ve washed their hands of it but UPS are trying to charge me €42, €23 VAT and €19 brokerage fees. Appealing it now because it’s a replacement but they’re not making my life easy!

Yeah I’m in the middle of a bastard drama right now! I got a record from the UK pre 1/7 that attracted zero charges. Warped as fuck. They sent out a replacement but declared it as a sale of goods the idiots. They’ve washed their hands of it but UPS are trying to charge me €42, €23 VAT and €19 brokerage fees. Appealing it now because it’s a replacement but they’re not making my life easy!
i wrote in the other thread. the nice folks from the partisan record club claim the shipping and handling fee of 50$ i paid for the whole year on every single one of their packages ( 2 so far) which means i pay 20% vat on the 50$ every package. They promised they will change it for package three, but i only believe it once it gets here

i wrote in the other thread. the nice folks from the partisan record club claim the shipping and handling fee of 50$ i paid for the whole year on every single one of their packages ( 2 so far) which means i pay 20% vat on the 50$ every package. They promised they will change it for package three, but i only believe it once it gets here

Damn that is shit too. This is the new Noel G hits compilations and I like the fancy editions he does. But Townsend who run his store have pissed me off and they use UPS who charge those silly brokerage fees. In the future will probably have to either settle for standards or have delivered to Dad or brother and just pick up the once or twice a year I’m over!

• Sad
Reactions: Jan

I'm actually due a replacement from the states as well...i cancelled all my other orders outside the EU in the meantime until I figure out how things end up going. Let me know how it goes for you. I see there's a hold up in customs for said replacement according to tracking. Landed on July 1st, so most likely one of the first packages for the new rules which is hilarious.

I'm actually due a replacement from the states as well...i cancelled all my other orders outside the EU in the meantime until I figure out how things end up going. Let me know how it goes for you. I see there's a hold up in customs for said replacement according to tracking. Landed on July 1st, so most likely one of the first packages for the new rules which is hilarious.

I’ve refused the delivery, fuck em. The box set contains the standard black edition so I’m buying that from my local, substituting it in and looking for a partial refund for the €35 that’ll cost. Even if I can’t get it €35 for it is cheaper than the €42 customs, fuck it I could go mad and get the RSD split colour, substitute it in and it’s only €46!

I won’t buy outside EU if they use a courier now. I’ll still risk postal system because An Post still aren’t charging for anything, still dealing with the covid issues around staff and increased volume so everything I’ve bought is still slipping through the net. Hopefully continues because I’ve that Mars Volta coming from they who must not be named and another couple ordered from the states and U.K. months ago…

We were talking about VAT from U.K. the other day? Adds it to the list in basket as I thought. Was looking at buying something the other day and when it went in basket added Irish VAT @23% on top to take it past what I wanted to spend.

Last edited:
I’ve refused the delivery, fuck em. The box set contains the standard black edition so I’m buying that from my local, substituting it in and looking for a partial refund for the €35 that’ll cost. Even if I can’t get it €35 for it is cheaper than the €42 customs, fuck it I could go mad and get the RSD split cover, substitute it in and it’s only €46!

I won’t buy outside EU if they use a courier now. I’ll still risk postal system because An Post still aren’t charging for anything, still dealing with the covid issues around staff and increased volume so everything I’ve bought is still slipping through the net. Hopefully continues because I’ve that Mars Volta coming from they who must not be named and another couple ordered from the states and U.K. months ago…

We were talking about VAT from U.K. the other day? Adds it to the list in basket as I thought. Was looking at buying something the other day and when it went in basket added Irish VAT @23% on top to take it past what I wanted to spend.

Yea it's a mess. Maybe the plan is to encourage local EU marketplaces or did they just realized they missed a bunch of revenue by letting pretty much everything through during covid?

I'm just going to lie low for a bit with regards to ordering from outside of the EU.

Wonder how it works for VMP right now. Are they still listing everything as $1?

Yea it's a mess. Maybe the plan is to encourage local EU marketplaces or did they just realized they missed a bunch of revenue by letting pretty much everything through during covid?

I'm just going to lie low for a bit with regards to ordering from outside of the EU.

Wonder how it works for VMP right now. Are they still listing everything as $1?

God knows! Interestingly I think this was all a pre brexit decision because on the same day the equivalent U.K. £20 or lower waiver also vanished.

Yeah same as or if it’s something I really want I might send it too my Dad or my brother but I can’t abuse that and have them getting multiple deliveries either, it isn’t fair.

They seemed to have stopped doing that the last few I got from them but that was a long time ago. Those last few had nothing declared. Because they came through An Post they “slipped through the net” with regard to customs but we will see with this Mars Volta one. It does feel kinda dirty ordering from them even though on this one instance they’re miles cheaper!

i dont mind paying 2 € customs on a record that much, but DHL asking for 6€ fee on top of that ....🤢
yep, that´s what´s pricing me out of all intl subs, so i´m going to let my secretly sub run out. I´d have no problem paying the 2€ VAT for every delivery, but 8€ on top of every delivery is just pricing me out

Last edited:
yep, that´s what´s pricing me out of all intl subs, so i´m going to let my secretly sub run out. I´d have no problem paying the 2€ VAT for every delivery, but 8€ on top of every delivery is just pricing me out

Try this for size UPS is €18 brokerage fee!

But yeah anything outside EU is very difficult to justify which is a bastard being originally from the U.K. and wanting to buy a bit from there. Maybe I’ll just have to drive to Belfast occasionally instead, but then petrol is probably more than I’m saving lol.

Try this for size UPS is €18 brokerage fee!

But yeah anything outside EU is very difficult to justify which is a bastard being originally from the U.K. and wanting to buy a bit from there. Maybe I’ll just have to drive to Belfast occasionally instead, but then petrol is probably more than I’m saving lol.
Bundling into bigger orders will at least make the brokerage fee less per record but the brokerage fee really makes clubs or buying single releases dient from label or artist unfeasible

Back