Comics Corner

I have hardbound copies of all these collections but the box set does look sharp.
It looks like there is (or was, may be OOP) hardcover boxset. I had one of the paperbook collections (not these) that my mom got me when I was in middle school or something. Even as a youngster that didn't have the words/concepts for the feelings this strip elicited, I appreciated the nihilism/existentialism of the strip.

I enjoyed the documentary on BIll Watterson/C&H's, Dear Mr. Watterson, from a few years ago.

It looks like there is (or was, may be OOP) hardcover boxset. I had one of the paperbook collections (not these) that my mom got me when I was in middle school or something. Even as a youngster that didn't have the words/concepts for the feelings this strip elicited, I appreciated the nihilism/existentialism of the strip.

I enjoyed the documentary on BIll Watterson/C&H's, Dear Mr. Watterson, from a few years ago.

Yeah, I have the 3-volume hardcover set. It's not worth the price for everyone, but they're beautiful.

No surprise here (and a bit of a relief), but SDCC was moved online again for this year, and postponed to 2022. They are looking to do a smaller local event in November though pending on how things are progressing.

I haven’t read any of it prior to now so I’m really looking forward to it!
Seriously great. I especially love the Captain America and Bucky portion which is set during WWII and is Bucky's origin story and then The Winter Soldier run is just gonzo superhero spy shit. I don't have the omnibus but I have read most of the issues. So good. It might be too early for suggestions but if you dig this check out some of Brubaker's Image titles. Criminal and Fatale are rad too. Something to keep in mind if you end up enjoying this.

One of my favorite Captain America runs, Ed Brubaker is a fantastic writer for Cap. If you're not familiar with this set you are in for a real treat.
I'm reading through the post-House of M comics, just read Ed's Divided We Stand arc with the X-Men. Looks like this one's a bit ahead of where I'm currently at, but I'm looking forward to getting to it!

I'm reading through the post-House of M comics, just read Ed's Divided We Stand arc with the X-Men. Looks like this one's a bit ahead of where I'm currently at, but I'm looking forward to getting to it!
Lots of good stuff following that, Remender’s Uncanny X-Force, Hickman’s Avengers/FF run, Waid’s Daredevil and Fraction’s Hawkeye. Aaron’s Thor. The late 2000s early 2010s Marvel had so many fantastic writers working for them.

Side note: here is my collection of (mostly) hardbound graphic novels...
9F716E60-1F24-4C77-AE7A-25EADCE6625C.jpeg
I was keeping my books with my records on my wall of Kallax in my record room but I ran out of room so I purchased a couple of nice book cases to hold the books (the other has my real books on it). Thankfully my better half was willing to let me set them in our living room.

Last edited:
Side note: here is my collection of (mostly) hardbound graphic novels...
View attachment 95143
I was keeping my books with my records on my wall of Kallax in my record room but I ran out of room so I purchased a couple of nice book cases to hold the books (the other has my real books on it). Thankfully my better half was willing to let me set them in our living room.
Awesome collection!! I’m about halfway through the Winter Soldier book. I’m taking my time and enjoying it. It’s so good.

Sale on Marvel Unlimited - $60 for a year if you use MUSAVE60 at checkout (through 5/15). Not the greatest interface, but there's no shortage of things to read.
I second this, I've been a subscriber for years now, and have read most of the comics from a guide I found that's mostly chronological from around 1997 - 2010. I can only imagine what that would cost buying the comics outright.

Is that for the subscription package that includes the yearly box with special edition comics and figures? I love getting those each year. Based on what I've looked up in the past you could easily flip those items to recoup even the non-sale price.

Back