Cocktails

I know this isn't the most active thread we have, but if anyone would like to see my (loosely) curated cocktail recipe notebook, I finally migrated it to Notion.
Cool, like I need more cocktail recipes to try.

I have about 100 in Notes that I have yet to try. Mrs is away for about 10 days and I plan to go through a try some, hopefully only 10.

Never used Notion before but I like the look of your site. Do you have to add the individual tags for each ingredient or does it do that automatically? Right now I just search for an ingredient in Notes if I am feeling like a cocktail with Cynar but then I end up scrolling through the search results, not the best method.

Cool, like I need more cocktail recipes to try.

I have about 100 in Notes that I have yet to try. Mrs is away for about 10 days and I plan to go through a try some, hopefully only 10.

Never used Notion before but I like the look of your site. Do you have to add the individual tags for each ingredient or does it do that automatically? Right now I just search for an ingredient in Notes if I am feeling like a cocktail with Cynar but then I end up scrolling through the search results, not the best method.
Late to the party I see, but I use the PDT app, with over 400 recipes. If I don’t know what to make, I just search with whatever spirit I want to use. You can also enter whatever of the ingredients you have and it will show which of the 400 cocktails you can make. It was a one time purchase (not cheap but also cheaper than a cocktail book and more convenient).

Sure, I bought my shaker (as well as the glasses) from Viski:

And here's the recipe I used (though I bumped the gin up to 2 ounces)

HOW TO MAKE A BASIL GIMLET COCKTAIL​

Let’s make one!

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 oz gin
  • 1 oz lime juice (about 1 large lime)
  • 3/4 oz simple syrup
  • 8 fresh basil leaves
  • ice
  • extra basil for garnish
  1. Place 8 fresh basil leaves into an empty cocktail shaker. Use the muddler to gently muddle the leaves by pressing firmly down on them. You should start to see the muddler make marks on the leaves, and smell the fresh basil as it releases its scent. Muddle until you’ve gotten all the leaves.
  2. Fill shaker halfway with ice.
  3. Add gin, lime, and simple syrup. Put the lid on your shaker and shake vigorously.
  4. Remove the cap and strain your Basil Gimlet into a coupe glass (or whichever glass you prefer).
  5. Add extra basil for garnish if you like.

Is the ice crushed, can’t quite tell if this is supposed to be a frozen drink or not based off your picture earlier on this page.

@tvham can you please share your basil gin gimlet recipe as well as let me know what / where to find that tumbler.

I bought a Tumbler last year and I hate it. It leaks every time I shake it.
Have you tried a Boston shaker with a hawthorne strainer over the 3 piece cobbler style? It's just a smaller cup into a larger one but cold metal on metal still creates a good seal.

I don't have a dishwasher and I like to clean my cocktail shaker right away and I can find the 3 piece cobbler shakers difficult to disassemble when cold.

Shaker

Strainer

Back