Cocktails

I don't know for certain, but if it worked for you in the past, it's probably alright. Maybe since smoked meats take hours, that builds up too much of the bad stuff. For drinks, it will probably be ok since it's more of an aroma thing?

In any case, I hope your drinks are delicious! 🍻
Thank you! I think red cedar, the stuff they use for grilling fish, is probably okay in these small amounts. But I’ll report back. 😅

I picked up a Joya cocktail smoker after seeing one used at a local restaurant. Seems neat! I’m still trying to sort out what sort of chips to use to get the desired effect, although the included hickory was excellent with an old fashioned.
if nearby you have a craft distiller...maybe even a brewery that's re-used some spent whiskey barrels for finishing projects...I bet they would give/sell you some staves from broken-down barrels. those are excellent for smoking a glass.

My roommate got me a gin infusion kit for my birthday, so we've been making our own compound gins at home. Started with the base recipes in the kit, though those weren't very specific, so we've leapt into whatever strikes our fancy.

Made a chamomile gin last week, and this week we ended up creating a spicy pink peppercorn and peppermint infusion that's super weird but surprisingly good! Sipping it with some Topo Chico to start for a neutral mixer, but my roommate say's it's bomb with some ginger beer. Calling it PeppaGin for shits and gigs.

Just got a frozen slushy machine for margaritas, and found out this is way beyond my level of experience… any bartenders on here have a frozen recipe they use at their location?
Or, does anyone know if margarita mix will work compared to concentrate?

I make my margaritas with this recipe: 1oz fresh lime, 0.5oz agave necrar, 0.5oz Pierre Ferrand Curaçao and 2oz tequila. Maybe just blend it with ice to make a frozen one? Or stick that in your slushy machine?

Frozen white negroni without a blender

2:1:1 ratio
Bluecoat gin
Cocchi Americano
Dolin Dry Vermouth
+ some lemon juice and water to help the mixture freeze
Mixed with some ice crushed in a lewis bag
Cherry garnish

View attachment 146657

Niice I've got a bottle of Suze that I brought back from France earlier this year that I've been waiting to use in a white negroni. Been waiting to get some lillet blanc.

Back