Cocktails

This is really good! I like gin martinis and recently discovered Roku gin. This is their recipe plus a dash of orange bitters.

PXL_20220101_003258881.jpg

I picked up a Joya cocktail smoker after seeing one used at a local restaurant. Seems neat! I’m still trying to sort out what sort of chips to use to get the desired effect, although the included hickory was excellent with an old fashioned.

I picked up a Joya cocktail smoker after seeing one used at a local restaurant. Seems neat! I’m still trying to sort out what sort of chips to use to get the desired effect, although the included hickory was excellent with an old fashioned.

Sounds like fun!

I would expect the same types of wood that is safe for smoking meats will be good for beverages. Hickory, Apple, Mesquite, etc. There are woods that are not recommended and may even be toxic, like pine or cedar. So be sure to check on that before you try it.

Sounds like fun!

I would expect the same types of wood that is safe for smoking meats will be good for beverages. Hickory, Apple, Mesquite, etc. There are woods that are not recommended and may even be toxic, like pine or cedar. So be sure to check on that before you try it.
I had actually planned on trying cedar, as I’ve used cedar smoke for drinks in the past by torching a plank and inverting a glass over top. Lends an incredible flavor.

I figure if it’s meant to grill on it’s probably fine?

I had actually planned on trying cedar, as I’ve used cedar smoke for drinks in the past by torching a plank and inverting a glass over top. Lends an incredible flavor.

I figure if it’s meant to grill on it’s probably fine?

I don't know for certain, but if it worked for you in the past, it's probably alright. Maybe since smoked meats take hours, that builds up too much of the bad stuff. For drinks, it will probably be ok since it's more of an aroma thing?

In any case, I hope your drinks are delicious! 🍻

Back