Cocktails

After much experimenting over the years, I think I have found my own martini.

2 oz Gin (Botanist or Hendricks)
1/4 oz Dry Vermouth
1 dash orange bitters (Regan's #6)
2 spoons olive brine
stirred, garnished with olives

🍸

View attachment 56314
think I’m going to make a version of this later. Don’t have orange bitters though, might try with Peychauds and see how I get on

Last edited:
And done. The Peychauds works nicely for me and gives the drink a pink gin hue. One day I will get some martini glasses....in the meantime I’ll just make double quantities to make the glass look not too pitiful. #gettingdrunkonsaturdayafternoon.

View attachment 57265I’m really enjoying an Old Fashioned lately. Last night I used orange bitters for a slight citrus taste and used a small amount of maraschino juice when I dropped a cherry in.
This is by far my favourite cocktail and my go to in a pub or after hours at home. I also like to add a bit of the cherry juice in. I usually use simple syrup instead of a sugar cube.

PS is that an IKEA glass? Looks like the ones we break out for a Christmas season

This is by far my favourite cocktail and my go to in a pub or after hours at home. I also like to add a bit of the cherry juice in. I usually use simple syrup instead of a sugar cube.

PS is that an IKEA glass? Looks like the ones we break out for a Christmas season
Yeah, I use simple syrup as well. My recipe last night:
1 teaspoon simple syrup, 3 dashes orange bitters, 1 cherry w a bit of juice. Stir to combine, add 2 ounces rye, stir some more. Add big ice cube then enjoy!

And yes - ikea glasses! They are usually for juice but I was too lazy to grab my nice glasses from my bar cart.

And done. The Peychauds works nicely for me and gives the drink a pink gin hue. One day I will get some martini glasses....in the meantime I’ll just make double quantities to make the glass look not too pitiful. #gettingdrunkonsaturdayafternoon.

Looks delicious! 🍸

View attachment 57265I’m really enjoying an Old Fashioned lately. Last night I used orange bitters for a slight citrus taste and used a small amount of maraschino juice when I dropped a cherry in.

Old Fashioneds are one of my favorites, too! Love the orange bitters and rye. 🥃

Looks delicious! 🍸

My only problem with the martini was my olives were in a brine/ olive oil mix which left a bit of a film on top. didn’t leave a taste or coating in the mouth and I wasn’t charging anyone but myself so 🤷‍♂️

If we're talking glassware, I've always been a fan of the classic 5-6 oz coupe for strained cocktails.

IMG_0309.JPG

(this was a Hendrick's gin martini, fairly wet with Noilly Pratt, orange bitters and cucumber, from a few months ago)

If we're talking glassware, I've always been a fan of the classic 5-6 oz coupe for strained cocktails.

View attachment 57444

(this was a Hendrick's gin martini, fairly wet with Noilly Pratt, orange bitters and cucumber, from a few months ago)
I’ve been holding out on the Ikea quest not being 2 miles long to pick up a couple of €2 glasses. I could order but...

My only problem with the martini was my olives were in a brine/ olive oil mix which left a bit of a film on top. didn’t leave a taste or coating in the mouth and I wasn’t charging anyone but myself so 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I can see that being a little off-putting, as long as it tasted good. Cheers.

Voila, an Archangel:

3 parts gin
1 part Aperol
3 slices of cucumber

Muddle cucumber with Aperol, add ice, stir. Fine strain, garnish with a lemon twist.

rLCVJPI.jpg

Back