Cocktails

Also had a Bali Hai. I've had this before and enjoyed it, but this time we made it using Mr Black rather than Kahlua. I didn't like it. It's such a strong coffee flavour that it dominated the drink and I though it clashed with the pineapple. The sweeter Kahlua is much better suited to most cocktails IMO. I think Mr Black would be good in an Expresso Martini or used to spike a hot chocolate or maybe even just drunk neat over ice. But leave everything else to Kahlua.

IMG_20200222_223102.jpg

I have had this Mike’s hot honey in the pantry and decided “hmm wonder what that would taste like in cocktails?” Well wonder no more. See ya later jalapeño simple syrup!!! This stuff is fantastic. So far I have used it in a Paloma and an old fashion. On insta folks put it in pizza. Tried that and it’s also legit. Enjoy my fellow N&G friends.

I have had this Mike’s hot honey in the pantry and decided “hmm wonder what that would taste like in cocktails?” Well wonder no more. See ya later jalapeño simple syrup!!! This stuff is fantastic. So far I have used it in a Paloma and an old fashion. On insta folks put it in pizza. Tried that and it’s also legit. Enjoy my fellow N&G friends.

I've had the same thought. Mike's Hot Honey is delicious.

I've had the same thought. Mike's Hot Honey is delicious.

I happened to have found it at my local store, so I gave it a try.
On my pizza, it was too sweet. I'd rather just put hot sauce or dried chili flakes.
In my Paloma, however, I love it! Thankfully it didn't dissolve 100%,or it might have been too spicy!

IMG_20200301_184438.jpg

I happened to have found it at my local store, so I gave it a try.
On my pizza, it was too sweet. I'd rather just put hot sauce or dried chili flakes.
In my Paloma, however, I love it! Thankfully it didn't dissolve 100%,or it might have been too spicy!

View attachment 34900

I think a very light drizzle on pepperoni is great. But it can be too cloying if you’re not careful.

it’s also delicious in yogurt granola parfaits!

90179103_10109678912653490_7121712039180894208_o.jpg

I work for a distillery (www.bullyboydistillers.com ; IG @bullyboybooze)...a couple days ago I posted to my personal social media a plea to get those of the right demographic to continue to go out, support small business and local distillers/brewers.

today I recognized that was the wrong decision. this was my attrition post...social distancing with cocktails and vinyl.

as we all head inside for the foreseeable future, I called this a Migration (by Bonobo):

Bully Boy Rum Cooperative volume 2
Three of Strong Merrymeeting Spiced Rum
Lillet Blanc
Fresh Meyer Lemon
Local Honey
Bittercube Bolivar Bitters
Vida Mezcal Float (for the smoke on the album art)
garnish of orange peel and dried hibiscus flower (a hint for flavor, but more to match the album art)

90207007_10109684873068770_1832950333781835776_o.jpg

a lil something green for Paddy.

track 5 on Ola Podrida Ghosts Go Blind is called "Staying In"...so...

Staying In (on St. Patrick's Day)

Bully Boy White Whiskey, rested with orange peel and honey
Blue Barren Distillery Blueberry Eau de Vie
Green Chartreuse
Fresh Lime
Honey Simple

View attachment 36777

a lil something green for Paddy.

track 5 on Ola Podrida Ghosts Go Blind is called "Staying In"...so...

Staying In (on St. Patrick's Day)

Bully Boy White Whiskey, rested with orange peel and honey
Blue Barren Distillery Blueberry Eau de Vie
Green Chartreuse
Fresh Lime
Honey Simple

Sounds delicious.

90110667_10109691132180460_7102550158553907200_o.jpg

Our Love Comes Back

Vida Mezcal
Drink ME Rhubarb Vermouth
Amaro dell'Etna
Lillet Blanc
Fresh Orange

I'm just gonna keep this series going til my liver gives out or I get bored with booze and move to psychedelics (expect a hiatus this weekend...)

Back